Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1024
  • stats Total Posts: 23403
  • stats Total Topics: 1759
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Oil tank  (Read 3742 times)

Offline scoot

• Inazuma God
  • Ride safe Ride often
  • Bike: GO ON RIP IT OFF
  • City / Town: Bridlington
Re: Oil tank
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 08:57:53 PM »
Good luck with the dealers hope they are better than the ones here, they were only interested until they got your cash  :232:
Scoot  :028:
Adventure...BEFORE... Dementia

Offline Bertrg10

• Inazuma Member
  • Bike: Black Inazuma
  • City / Town: West London
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 08:00:02 AM »
The dealer has been on and all I could hear was fine print, costs, tut tutting and wont be covered by warranty....  I think this is my last Suzuki.  My Yamaha dealer use to work the other way, 'oh I think we can get that covered by the warranty for you...'.  I do recall that whilst waiting for my Inzuma 500 mile service listening to the manager berating his engineer for under stating the time taken 'the book time says this and I don't care if you took less time...'.  I fear the worse but then it is partly my fault and as you cant be a little bit pregnant - it is all my fault!

It has 5800 on the clock and apparently I should have had the service done at 4000.  I have put too much oil in the tank and the gear box issue is the result.

The lesson is - don't buy a bike unless you have a garage near by and easy to hand if you are a techno numpty who shouldn't be left in charge of a retractable pen!  :112:
Always ride assuming there is an idiot about to get you!

Offline cgblueman

• Inazuma God
  • Live to ride, ride to live...
  • Bike: Inazuma 250 RED!
  • City / Town: Athens
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 08:19:26 AM »
This is bad news mate and although you didn't help the situation I am disgusted at the dealers lack of support. It is a shame mate because it is a great bike and one of the best if not the best in its price range and category. Get it fixed look after it better and don't lose faith mate although I do understand your lack of faith in Suzuki now from the 'warranty' point of view.  :027:

Offline Rucifa

• Inazuma Master
  • Bike: ...Sold
  • City / Town: Queanbeyan
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 08:26:24 AM »
Sorry to hear your dilemmas.

Get your hands on the service manual (there's a link on these forums somewhere). Then find a mate or neighbour who has a little knowledge about engines and you'll be set to do most things yourself.

I bought a couple of new tools and the bits to do the first service for less than what the dealer wanted to charge me for the service. I'm now set to do most things myself and if there is something I don't fully understand then youtube usually fills me in.

Good luck  :002:

Offline Robell

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: GW250L3
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 11:19:21 AM »
Trying to see both sides of this - I'm not surprised at the dealers reaction - I'm fairly sure dealers of any brand would be saying the same.

It's done very nearly 6,000 miles which is double the service interval. However I think it more likely that overfilling the oil has caused the problems stated.

I wouldn't despair just yet. Clearly it needs a service and the oil level correcting as part of that.
It is possible that the bike will run fine after that, without any additional work.

I can't knock anyone who wants to do their own servicing. But, a friend who knows his way around bikes or  a few evening classes at a local college, might be a good idea first.  :002:
" it's better to burn out, than to fade away "

Offline Bertrg10

• Inazuma Member
  • Bike: Black Inazuma
  • City / Town: West London
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2014, 10:16:01 AM »
Update.  The dealer emptied the oil, cleaned it up and the bike runs fine.  I did fear the worst and thought I had done some damage and apart from the service manager making me feel like an idiot, alls fine.  Yes, I am an idiot and the only defence is that I am not mechanically minded and the bike is simply a means to an end for me.  Cost - £71.  Lesson learnt.  I was quite taken by the monster 650's but I am really after a 350-450cc bike, any suggestions. I am a short &rse hence the smaller bikes.  Cheers
Always ride assuming there is an idiot about to get you!

Offline Rucifa

• Inazuma Master
  • Bike: ...Sold
  • City / Town: Queanbeyan
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2014, 10:25:55 AM »
Good news, you didn't do any damage and you learnt something too. I don't know about bigger bikes but I'm starting to think a little more power could be nice but it's not really neccesary, the Inazuma is a great commuter, I dont think I'd enjoy a longer ride on it but I might give it a go when the weather warms up. It's about a two hour ride to the coast.

disjointed-outlet