in: Tayto

Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1160
  • stats Total Posts: 23854
  • stats Total Topics: 1847
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Electric ?  (Read 665 times)

Offline DJN

• Inazuma Member
Electric ?
« on: November 28, 2021, 02:26:17 PM »
  Has anyone  thought of replacing their ageing GW with an electric bike?
 I largely use mine for a 15 mile commute and never get out of the 40mph speed limit.
It seems logical to downsize.
   This is a comparison with the  Super Soco TC MAX: ; an electric bike comparable to a rather slow 125.

GW                          
185Kg
24bhp
80-mph
80 mpg  (imperial)

TC
100Kg
7.5bhp
60mph (claimed)
70 miles range (claimed)

I reckon the  TC might prove quicker off the mark than the GW   which sometimes struggles to keep pace with electric carrs away from the lights  :003: 
  In case anyoune was wondering , Super Soco   are made in China  - just like the "Zuma"    :002:

Offline MarkShelley

• Inazuma Junior
  • Bike: GW250, CB1100RB
  • City / Town: Cambridge
Re: Electric ?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 04:21:39 PM »
I see one come past my house most weekdays on a commute. I expect the range claim will be optimistic, just as most car ones are. I guess the payback time will be massive with a ticket price of over 4K and I expect they will be almost worthless once they are a few years old and the battery is not holding so much charge. I shan’t be going electric until I have to, car or bike.

Offline tavurth

• Inazuma Junior
  • Bike: GW250
  • City / Town: Bodrum
Re: Electric ?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 05:39:43 PM »
For me the infrastructure just isn't in place now. I chose the Inazuma because it's pretty good at everything, having the exact same bike with an battery charged motor would mean it's no longer that same bike.