Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1160
  • stats Total Posts: 23854
  • stats Total Topics: 1847
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bar Muffs  (Read 392 times)

Offline MarkShelley

• Inazuma Junior
  • Bike: GW250, CB1100RB
  • City / Town: Cambridge
Bar Muffs
« on: November 28, 2021, 11:41:41 AM »
Fitted Oxford muffs today. The issue with these is preventing the air pressure pushing them against the levers at higher speeds. I made a cheap fix for this problem by making up some bits from some old shelving brackets I had laying about in my garage. They are attached using the bar end bolts and the bolts also go through tye muffs themselves. It is all very solid with plenty of room to operate all the controls. I have fitted these to several bikes over the years and I am yet to find one where you can use the snap fasteners without making them too restricted to operate all the switchgear comfortably. I get over this by punching tiny holes in either side and using a cable tie instead. Tested them out on a run this morning in very cold temperature and they work perfectly.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 11:45:05 AM by MarkShelley »

Offline Resident Weevil

• Inazuma Junior
  • Bike: GW250,FZS600,H-D
Re: Bar Muffs
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 02:11:56 PM »
I used to have a pair of these on a CG125 I owned a few years back, they made a massive difference when commuting in winter. Strangely I never had the problem of them being pushed against the levers though. Oh hang on, I missed the part about it happening "at higher speeds"... 🐌

disjointed-outlet