Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1153
  • stats Total Posts: 23839
  • stats Total Topics: 1841
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Another F1 light non start issue  (Read 721 times)

Offline Bugeye29

• Inazuma Junior
Another F1 light non start issue
« on: October 31, 2021, 07:58:01 AM »
Hi,
Over the last couple of months my Inazuma has failed to start intermittently with the F1 light showing. I know there are a number of posts here about the F1 light.

There are lots of theories on what causes it but there appears to be no definite answer, has anybody taken their bike to Suzuki and had it diagnosed with a scanner ? to know what the issue or issues are ?

Thanks in advance, I am hoping to get it sorted so I can start riding again.

Online Resident Weevil

• Inazuma Junior
  • Bike: GW250,FZS600,H-D
Re: Another F1 light non start issue
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 09:09:03 PM »
I wouldn't be too hopeful of getting a 'live' answer to your question mate, this place appears to be virtually just an archive now. Sadly most if not all of the regular posters haven't been on here for a long while.

Offline Bugeye29

• Inazuma Junior
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 08:31:04 AM »
Thanks for the reply, I agree there seems to be little activity which is a shame as the bikes are getting older and issues will arise.

For your interest I went to the local Suzuki dealer to see if they had a scanner to read the code. I didnt get an answer as the first question I was asked " was the bike dropped on the clutch lever side " Yes is the answer they then said they have had a few GW250's in that had the same issue and it was the clutch switch that needed replacing, apparently they are very flimsy. I have ordered one and when it is fitted i will post the results.

Online Resident Weevil

• Inazuma Junior
  • Bike: GW250,FZS600,H-D
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 12:18:03 PM »
Ah that makes sense, I'll be interested to hear how that turns out for you. If that does turn out to be the cause I'll be sure to try and drop mine on her right hand side if she ever goes down! Cheers matey, ride safe.

Offline DJN

• Inazuma Member
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 01:57:47 PM »
 That is a useful bit of information.

I have occasionally seen the FI light,and put it down to moisture ingress
after enthusiastic washing of the bike.
 ...was once  engulfed by a falling tree branch  and the  GW came down on its left side; breaking the clutch lever. - seems that I was fortunate to avoid this switch issue.

Offline Bugeye29

• Inazuma Junior
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 08:47:24 PM »
No news on the switch yet as it is on back order with Suzuki, when it arrives I will report back on the results.