Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1107
  • stats Total Posts: 23719
  • stats Total Topics: 1815
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Motorbike occasionally won’t start  (Read 468 times)

Offline aletei

• Inazuma Junior
Motorbike occasionally won’t start
« on: May 13, 2021, 09:22:14 PM »
Hello guys, today my Inazuma had some problems.
It didn’t start when I pressed the button, battery is ok (12,5V) and the starter motor works. After several tries I had to connect the wires (car-motorbike) to start it, since I had drained the battery, and it started and it continued to start when the engine was hot. This happened also some days ago, but in that case after some tries it started without draining the battery.
Has this ever happened to you?

Spark plugs are ok
When it starts it runs smoothly so there are no compression problems.
I’m afraid it could be the fuel pump.
It’s really strange that it started when i connected the battery to the car with the cables, because there was altready enough power to start it in the first place, in fact I have ridden it every day.

Offline Gillo

• Inazuma Junior
Re: Motorbike occasionally won’t start
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 05:18:55 PM »
I had an intermittent problem with starting a while back. There was no pattern as to when it would or wouldn't start - very annoying. Fortunately although the Inazuma isn't a particularly light bike, it's light enough to bump start when necessary. In the end it seems to have been down to a connection issue; when all the connections between battery, solenoid and starter where taken apart, cleaned and reconnected it sorted things out. Best of luck.

disjointed-outlet