Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1108
  • stats Total Posts: 23719
  • stats Total Topics: 1815
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Clutch Travel Confirmation  (Read 675 times)

Offline deltree

• Inazuma Junior
Clutch Travel Confirmation
« on: March 30, 2021, 09:55:10 AM »
New Inazuma owner here. So guys, I mistakenly set the clutch cable play in a way that was not according to the workshop manual. I have the play worked to factory recommendation but now have a big doubt about the clutch not actually being engaged fully. The bike has done 14k KM's, there is no slippage per se and shifts are not hard but they the sound is quite pronounced so need to be sure here. The workshop manual does not highlight how much movement the clutch should actually have so my last resort is visual inspection by the members here.

In the video below I am fully engaging and disengaging the clutch lever, can you guys confirm if the travel is normal or less than what it should naturally be?

Also I would appreciate if someone can share pictures of the clutch cable on their own bikes so I can verify how much I have really messed up in terms of moving the bolts up and down. Reference image of what I am looking for attached.

Offline Robell

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: GW250L3
Re: Clutch Travel Confirmation
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 07:14:02 PM »
That adjuster simply fine tunes the length of the cable, as does the adjuster at the clutch lever
If you've got the required free play at the lever, it should be fine.

You can adjust the clutch itself, but you need to take the R/H engine case off, to do that
" it's better to burn out, than to fade away "