Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1153
  • stats Total Posts: 23839
  • stats Total Topics: 1841
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sydney new Zuma  (Read 1403 times)

Offline sydney250

• Inazuma Junior
  • Bike: 2013 Inazuma 250
  • City / Town: Sydney
Sydney new Zuma
« on: December 02, 2020, 10:00:40 PM »
Morning all,

Been riding 3 months now, nearly off my L's and enjoying the bike and looking forward to participating here.

Loving the bike, the near naked but with a slight touch of faring gives it a chunky yet clean look.
I'm pretty happy I didn't get a Ninja like every 2nd person, as it feels unique enough to turn heads and so smooth to ride. The weight is a good thing imo.

I bought it second hand for $3k in great condition but it had no service manual and no user guide, so I downloaded the user guide (bloody lot of pages!!)

I have a few questions if I may for the old hats out there;

• I can't for the life of me find the guide to all the buttons and widgets on the console / dashboard and still don't know what a few buttons do. Can anyone point me to a place, site, guide somewhere please
  • I can't work out how much oil is left, brake and engine etc, is there a simple guide somewhere for this - the brake fluid box on the handlebar is impossible to work out levels
  • What engine oil works best for you guys - I've yet to get a service or change the oil and filter and keen to know what you guys choose
  • Sometimes it's hard getting it into first gear when stopped, someone said that's pretty normal, and best to change down when about to stop
  • Changing the front small lights, is that painful or doable - watching the youtube clip makes it look like I need to be a mechanic!
  • Front windshield, screen - what have you guys installed and prefer and does it make a big difference when riding on the highway etc
  • Back permanent fitted storage - keen to get one of those hard shell ones and have it permanently fitted, what do you guys use and recommend

https://ibb.co/MGmjVvR

Thanks all!

Inazuma 250, 2013
33k KM's
Sydney
Commute 15km to work, free city parking and avoiding tolls makes for a happy wife and me
Getting P's in a few weeks

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
Re: Sydney new Zuma
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 08:00:26 AM »
Pity you could not have got thr fast BLACK version  :164:
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline Kantara

• Inazuma God
  • Take care out there.
  • Bike: Suzuki Marauder
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 10:20:56 AM »

The Red and Black is even faster than that Black one.
Kantara

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 12:12:32 PM »
I recall this conversation in the far distant past in a galaxy far far away, you were wrong then and nothing has changed !!!  :745:
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline Kantara

• Inazuma God
  • Take care out there.
  • Bike: Suzuki Marauder
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 12:21:24 PM »

So why did you sell your  your black one? Word on the street is you wanted to try and keep up with the red and black ones so you bought a load of scrap called Harley. Wasted your money. 😁
Kantara

Offline Robell

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: GW250L3
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2020, 07:11:53 PM »
1) if it's the owners manual you've got, the various dash controls are on pages 2-6 to 2-13. If not, I can try to answer any questions
2) There is a round window on the riders side of the front brake master cylinder. You should see the level, which should be about 1/2 way. If you can't see the level it might mean there is too much fluid, or too little !
3) I've used semi-synthetic 10w-40 engine oil and Suzuki filters
4) I generally knock it into neutral, from second, as I come to a stop. Very rarely use first, apart from pulling away
5) The sidelights are quite easy, when you know how. 2 screws to remove the black plastic trim. 2 allen keys to lift the instruments. 2 allen keys under there, that allow to headlamp unit to pivot down, giving access to the side and headlight
6) Never fitted one
7) I've got a Givi rack and an old topbox I had from a previous bike. Pics in my album

:002:
" it's better to burn out, than to fade away "

Offline sydney250

• Inazuma Junior
  • Bike: 2013 Inazuma 250
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 02:07:56 AM »
*Originally Posted by Kantara [+]

The Red and Black is even faster than that Black one.

Ha ha, I like the red now, its growing on me.
I assume the speed thing is a wishful thinking fact??

Inazuma 250, 2013
33k KM's
Sydney
Commute 15km to work, free city parking and avoiding tolls makes for a happy wife and me
Getting P's in a few weeks

disjointed-outlet