Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1054
  • stats Total Posts: 23536
  • stats Total Topics: 1786
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Seafoam  (Read 785 times)

Offline QuickPaws

• Inazuma Member
  • Bike: GW250L3
  • City / Town: NM
Seafoam
« on: January 02, 2020, 10:26:36 PM »
Hey everyone! Much to my amusement I seem to like to create problems for myself, hahah. 

Anyway, as my title suggests, I'm trying to seafoam my Inazuma.   I usually add some to the tank, every so often, and on my Jeep, I introduce it to the top end through a vacuum  line.

Which I figured would apply here. Except I can't find anyone else who'd done it, or if they had, had shown which line they used.

I did some searching, like always, but no luck on our forums. I stripped all the fairings off and undid the tank to lift it up and tried to spray some into the airbox, but there seems to be baffles or balancers or whatever  to smooth out the flow of air into the cylinders. I guess. I dunno. I'm no expert, hahaha.

So my question is - What/where is the best way to seafoam the bike?

Thanks in advance! :)

Mike

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
Re: Seafoam
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 10:03:21 AM »
My understanding is that you can use it direct into the tank - I checked on the web and it says that you can, it also says 'For routine fuel system (gas tank to engine) maintenance, one can of Sea Foam Motor Treatment treats up to 16 gallons of gas'

I use STP in my bike once a year at service time  :016:
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline QuickPaws

• Inazuma Member
  • Bike: GW250L3
  • City / Town: NM
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 04:13:57 PM »
Thanks for the reply! :) I have been adding it to the tank directly since I bought it, but I was hoping for a direct vacuum line to the top end.  It's kinda tight working in the bike, and I ride it pretty hard as a commuter so while I'd had it all apart I figured I would see if I could get some in there. I did get some in through a vacuum line in the bottom of the airbox, but not quite the same amount I'd get in via a vacuum line off the brake booster of my Cherokee.

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 06:36:55 PM »
ok, I see

Well another way of injecting it into injectors etc. is to buy a hypodermic syringe from a chemist, remove the fuel line from the tank and inject it in the fuel line direct to the injectors - I presume this is where you are hoping to get it?

Seafoam and STP and all other additives are good - to a point. If you are prepared to do a little dismantling - which clearly you are, then I think it would be better to just remove the tank once a year and clean the whole system out?

I am a lazy get so I just add some once a year in the tank, I have always done this and can't remember ever having a problem - other than with older bikes where the rust in the tank can cause problems.

I have a few mates who just use WD40 and spray that into the injectors - it seems to do the job just as well and is a lot cheaper than some other additives.  :084:
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline onazoomerF

• Inazuma Member
  • Bike: GW250 F
  • City / Town: Perth
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 04:53:19 PM »
I put Seafoam in the tank for winter storage, and have never had an issue. I toss a can into the car every now and then, too - no issues. Lynda's car is the same model. No Seafoam.

We pulled onto the freeway (her driving) in front of a transport trailer unit. I suggested she "step on it". A lovely period of silence, it seemed, then it seemed a "stall". Then a great white cloud of "smoke".

The transport backed down (thankfully, for us). Then the engine started pulling.

In my car with the Seafoam "in regular" use, I've never experienced this state of nervousness. These are each a 2015 and a 2016 car, so ... you figure.

At first I was a bit sceptical of using an additive to the machines. I've never had trouble like that with the bike, either. Do some math to figure how little Seafoam your bike needs.

Offline Topnotch250

• Inazuma Member
  • Ride and Drive with Suzuki Inazuma and Vitara
  • Bike: GW250 L3 & MZ250
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2020, 06:37:33 AM »
I use a additive called Sta-Bil it works well, When I was in Toronto I noticed your fuel on the Pumps is 10% ethanol, Here in the UK its still 5% but I think the way its going it won't be long before it will be 10%
Two Suzuki's are better than one 'Inazuma and Vitara'

disjointed-outlet