Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1045
  • stats Total Posts: 23508
  • stats Total Topics: 1780
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: engine not so smooth  (Read 402 times)

Offline xris_xcess

• Inazuma Pro
  • Bike: Gw250l5
  • City / Town: Casablanca
engine not so smooth
« on: August 04, 2020, 12:37:32 AM »
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced a sudden "graininess" (as in not smooth) on their engine (aprox 45k km).

Mine was smooth as silk and then recently I'm picking up a definite vibration/sandy feeling. It's difficult to explain.

Anyway, I have checked the chain, sprockets, valve adjust (on the money), plug gap, rear axle and bearings. All good.

I'm thinking to have a look at the clutch also.

But I have a sinking feeling that its more than that. Maybe one of the engine bearings or a cylinder imbalance (can't check that myself atm). If I had the tools I would strip it myself.

Any other ideas? Anyone suffer the same at some point? Anyone have an engine overhaul? and find anything?

If possible I'll like to troubleshoot myself, but if I don't get anywhere I'll have to bite the bullet and schedule a proper shop job (which I dread since I dont trust any mechaninc :159:)
Candy Red 2015

Offline tian

• Inazuma Member
Re: engine not so smooth
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 01:24:35 AM »
not really mine only 19K km
i think 50k km it's time to schedule huge maintenance by suzuki dealer 

Offline Robell

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: GW250L3
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 06:58:58 PM »
injector problem ?
" it's better to burn out, than to fade away "

Offline Gurkan Tamer

• Inazuma Junior
  • pinterest.com/Orion4010
  • Bike: Suzuki Inazuma F
  • City / Town: ADANA
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 09:09:46 AM »
It is really difficult to say anything, but when I get some vibration from my inazuma's engine, I understand as it is time to change the engine oil.  :038:
Check the attachment for using the correct oil.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 09:18:59 AM by Gurkan Tamer »
pinterest.com/thegentlemansmoto/

Offline xris_xcess

• Inazuma Pro
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 03:15:14 PM »
Hello,

Thanks for the suggestions

*Originally Posted by Robell [+]
injector problem ?

I have not noticed a reduction in power. If I follow the logic of the engine (intake, air+fuel+spark, exit), I would of thought any problem with the fuel input would also show a power problem. Idles ok, top end ok. Having said that, I still will do a fuel treatment (that I have done on average every 5k km).

It is really difficult to say anything, but when I get some vibration from my inazuma's engine, I understand as it is time to change the engine oil.  :038:
Check the attachment for using the correct oil.

Thanks, but just did oil change.

Everything considered, the bike runs fine... but everyone knows when their suzi if off even by a mill.
Candy Red 2015

Online Megashorts

• Inazuma Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 03:55:57 PM »
Could be worth checking the tightness of engine and exhaust mounts etc. I had some annoying vibration on another bike which turned out to be a rubber engine bar fitting that had gone hard. The bolt throught it still felt tight due to thread lock. I replaced the rubber and re-tightened the fitting and it made the bike feel like new again.

Offline xris_xcess

• Inazuma Pro
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 04:15:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by Megashorts [+]
Could be worth checking the tightness of engine and exhaust mounts etc. I had some annoying vibration on another bike which turned out to be a rubber engine bar fitting that had gone hard. The bolt throught it still felt tight due to thread lock. I replaced the rubber and re-tightened the fitting and it made the bike feel like new again.

Great tip! Had not thought of that. But was that vibration making it all the way up, as in feeling thru the seat?

Still worth having a look though! Thanks
Candy Red 2015

Recent Topics

disjointed-outlet