Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1053
  • stats Total Posts: 23529
  • stats Total Topics: 1784
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Viking Cycle Jackets??? Any Reviews?  (Read 588 times)

Offline j_newman1990

• Inazuma Junior
Viking Cycle Jackets??? Any Reviews?
« on: July 28, 2020, 07:51:36 PM »
I am looking for a cheap jacket for weekend rides and someone in my circle suggested my check the Viking Cycle jackets. jackets look fine and prices are relatively low than the others but could not guess the quality. So anyone here with prior experience with Viking Cycles products?

Offline grumpy

• Inazuma Master
  • Bike: Inazuma in Black
Re: Viking Cycle Jackets??? Any Reviews?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 08:09:37 PM »
https://bikesandtravels.com/biker.aspx?ride=7289

Different side of the pond but from the same company...HTH  :002:

Offline j_newman1990

• Inazuma Junior
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 08:45:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by grumpy [+]
https://bikesandtravels.com/biker.aspx?ride=7289

Different side of the pond but from the same company...HTH  :002:

How could they be perfect? that is the thing I am worried about, could not find any negative reviews on the internet.

Offline grumpy

• Inazuma Master
  • Bike: Inazuma in Black
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 10:14:41 AM »
I don't think this guy is saying the jacket is perfect...in fact he says it's not waterproof, and one of the comments below the review says his isn't waterproof also! My impression was that the jacket has lots of features you only normally get on much more expensive clothing and it's good value for money...with riding gear the ultimate test is how it performs when you bounce down the road in it and see if it holds together, but that wasn't tested!

I think the guy in the link is still using his jacket, if you post a comment/question on his site he'll probably respond to you. What are your priorities for a jacket... safety, fit, looks, longevity, waterproofness, air flow? Have you got a stockist near you that you could go and see the jacket? If so does it look well put together...is the stitching even and no broken threads?...does it fit 'you' snugly enough that the armour isn't going to move around and not be in the right place if the worst happens? etc. etc.

disjointed-outlet