Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1045
  • stats Total Posts: 23508
  • stats Total Topics: 1780
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: i cant reach top speed and poor engine  (Read 252 times)

Offline AnvilAdam

• Inazuma Junior
i cant reach top speed and poor engine
« on: July 21, 2020, 04:47:34 PM »
Hello everybody;
my zuma is '14 model and 19K km . i feel my engine is poor air filter oil sparks everythink is new , i look at my fuel pump filter looks fine also i adjust my TP sensor i dont know why my bike cant reach 140 km , its too poor every gear i fell so much 4-5-6 gear. can anybody help me why is zuma like that :( i feel so bad  :012: also i tested my TP with my volt tester 1,1V than max. is fine

Offline Robell

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: GW250L3
Re: i cant reach top speed and poor engine
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 08:41:02 PM »
That's the 85 mph they claim in the sales brochures.
Don't think I've ever seen that much on mine

Think 75 mph (120km/hr) is about the most I've ever seen
" it's better to burn out, than to fade away "

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
Re: i cant reach top speed and poor engine
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 07:37:11 AM »
Depends on a lot of things - rider weight, weight of fuel, wind, road surfaces etc.etc.   I did get over 85 on mine a couple of times when it was new and conditions were ideal.

Can't really say that I have ever been one to worry about 'top speed' to be honest. I am more the sort of person that picks a cruising speed i.e. a speed that my bike will comfortably do all day, and providing that's easily achieved then that's the bike for me.

I have a scooter too and am a member of a 125cc forum - you should read some of the crap they they put about trying to get 1 or 2mph extra out of their bikes and the amount of effort they put into doing so! 

If, as you say everything is set up 100% then it's a case of having to be happy with that - for more top end speed you might want to look at changing sprockets - but remember that the speedo won't show a difference as it's run off the gearbox. The one thing you did not mention is your valves - are they sat correctly because they too can affect performance. :)
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Recent Topics