Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1030
  • stats Total Posts: 23450
  • stats Total Topics: 1766
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Inazuma Strange noise at the start  (Read 207 times)

Offline paulomp

• Inazuma Junior
  • Bike: GW250
  • City / Town: Porto
Inazuma Strange noise at the start
« on: July 17, 2020, 10:10:50 AM »
Hello,

My Inazuma start making a strange noise before giving the ignition when the motorcycle was not stop for less than an hour.
Above I send two videos where it contains the normal noise and the other one with an strange noise.

Normal noise start (this initial sound is the key noise):

Strange noise start:

Any ideas what is happening? Could be something related with fuel pump or the fuel pump relay? The motorcycle is riding well without strange noises.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Best regards,
Paulo

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
Re: Inazuma Strange noise at the start
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 08:27:56 AM »
Well unless the video sound quality is different to the actal sound you are hearing,  to me anyway it sounds like it is the same sound but just a different pitch?

If as you state it is after the bike has been running then it points to the issue being something that changes it's 'state' when warm?

It's likely to be the fuel pump as it primes when the ignition is turned on. This is quiite a relatively expensive piece of kit to replace just because it sounds different when hot. They are (in the UK) about £30 - £40 when sold used but you never know if the one you are buying is in as good condition as the one you have on your bike.

Personally, as you say the bike runs fine I would not worry about it as clearly there is no fault otherwise a fuel pump issue WOULD be noticeable when riding.

Unfortunately there is no way of testing these for people like us and if you did have it professionally tested it would likely cost more than a replacement one.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline Gurkan Tamer

• Inazuma Junior
  • pinterest.com/Orion4010
  • Bike: Suzuki Inazuma F
  • City / Town: ADANA
Re: Inazuma Strange noise at the start
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 02:04:30 PM »
I had same problem in my Gw250F 2015. (But "efi" sound is more acceptable than yours.)
For the solving that sound: I used engine-injector cleaner (fuel additive) and it really worked.
You can find these kind of fuel additives easily in your market.
pinterest.com/thegentlemansmoto/

disjointed-outlet