Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1030
  • stats Total Posts: 23450
  • stats Total Topics: 1766
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: ((New here)) Need help regarding repairs after fall.  (Read 462 times)

Offline nebula916

• Inazuma Junior
((New here)) Need help regarding repairs after fall.
« on: June 23, 2020, 05:26:59 PM »
Hello, new to bikes in general and recently had a minor fall on the 250, trying to find replacements. Can't post images for some reason, but the front is scratched horribly and the front left blinker housing is busted. Any help would be great. New to motorcycles so please go easy.

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
Re: ((New here)) Need help regarding repairs after fall.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 08:14:21 PM »
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your 'incident' - don't beat yourself up too much as it happens to most of us at some time or another.

Well, if you want to pay the earth and replace everything with brand new parts then your Suzuki dealer is the place to go. However, presuming you would be happy to take second hand parts take a look at this ebay link for the panels:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=suzuki+inazuma+panel&_sacat=0

and for the indicators:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=suzuki+gw250+indicators&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=suzuki+inazuma+indicators

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline nebula916

• Inazuma Junior
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 03:22:35 PM »
Tired for awhile to upload an image, sadly it won't work so I'll describe the damage that most concerns me. The front left blinker housing is shattered, blinker still works. My main worries is that I've never worked on anything myself so the idea of replacing the damaged items is a bit daunting.

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 04:24:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by nebula916 [+]
t I've never worked on anything myself so the idea of replacing the damaged items is a bit daunting.

Well if the part is already damaged you are not likely to damage it much more so why not just order the part(s) you need and remove them from your bike - you will then see how it all fits together and be able to replace parts easilly.

You may think that 'it's a big job' but all a big job is, is a load of little jobs! Take your time and you will be surprised how easy it is.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline Robell

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: GW250L3
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 08:23:42 PM »
You'll need to get the panel off, to change the lens.
Due to the design, the panels on that side all have to come off.

If the paint is scratched, aswell as the lens, it might be easier to get a second hand panel complete. Might even find a good second hand one on e-bay  :002:
" it's better to burn out, than to fade away "

disjointed-outlet