Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1024
  • stats Total Posts: 23403
  • stats Total Topics: 1759
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Super grease, etc.  (Read 295 times)

Offline onazoomerF

• Inazuma Member
  • Bike: GW250 F
  • City / Town: Perth
Super grease, etc.
« on: May 25, 2020, 02:27:14 PM »
Manual refers to many products, such as "Super" lubricants. Can anyone advise regarding what reasonable substitutes are for these?

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
Re: Super grease, etc.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 07:58:28 AM »
The term Super Lubricants simply refers to high quality products.

It's hard to suggest a product for general use as for example the grease that you apply to brake pins would be of a different grease to that used to simply coat an axle nut as it needs to be high temperature grease for the pads, and on any nuts you want to protect on the exhaust.

As with most things in life (usually), you get what you pay for. My opinion - I always buy the best quality lubricants that I can find for my bike as it's usually only serviced once a year so the cost is minimal.

I would however suggest that you stay away from products that have bike manufacturers names on i.e. Suzuki 20/50w Motor oil as you can bet this is overpriced, not necessarily the best quality that is available and will not improve any performance despite what it says on the packaging.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline onazoomerF

• Inazuma Member
  • Bike: GW250 F
  • City / Town: Perth
Re: Super grease, etc.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 02:48:30 PM »
Good reply.
Thanks for this,