Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1018
  • stats Total Posts: 23362
  • stats Total Topics: 1754
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: lighting help, hyperflash  (Read 544 times)

Offline Mertin2wheels

• Inazuma Member
  • be humble, be kind, be happy, be motorbike mad
  • Bike: Suzuki gw250cc
  • City / Town: Accrington
lighting help, hyperflash
« on: April 03, 2020, 10:46:13 PM »
afternoon guys, i have finished installing a new rear light indicators and front head light and indicators, i knew i would but i have hyperflash i have a mixture of LED's on the back but bulbs on the front.

i have never changed light other than to stock ones, after checking for 30 minutes i found i need either resistors in the circuit (not recommended as they can sometimes get hot) or change the relay? i have watched a few vids and people seem to be finding them and plug and play.

is it this simple on the inazuma ?
i am re doing the back end as we speak building the under tray tomorrow, on the loom there looks to be 2 relays and the sensor to tell if the bike is upright or not would this be correct?

any point in the right direction before i have a look tomorrow is appreciated  :038:
I'll have a go on anything... with 2 wheels you dirty git!!

Offline Mertin2wheels

• Inazuma Member
Re: lighting help, hyperflash
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 11:18:21 PM »
never mind after more searching the relay is located under the tank forwards on the left side? and it needs to be changed for a 2 pin flasher relay?

would this be correct? cheers

Offline xris_xcess

• Inazuma Member
  • Bike: Gw250l5
  • City / Town: Casablanca
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 06:33:08 PM »
Hi,

I switched ALL my bulbs to leds. No problem for more than a year now.

Never liked the idea of the resistor, defeats the whole idea of lower power draw from the leds.

Found a inexpensive relay on aliexpress that has the same pins and shape, but I suspect that the shape is less important (except for mounting) than the pinout configuration.

I attach a couple of photos, side by side old (right) and new. The new one you can adjust the flash rate if you wish. I set it a tad faster. It draws more attention.

Candy Red 2015

Offline Mertin2wheels

• Inazuma Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 12:19:18 AM »
cheers for the reply, yeah after do some more reading seemed like the best way to go, glad you have not had any problems

got it sorted now. re used the rear and now put on the front with an led headlamp, and at the rear all led integrated tail light with extra flush mounted at either side as in the UK they have to be 6,7 inch's apart i cant remember all is good  :002:

Recent Topics