Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1017
  • stats Total Posts: 23352
  • stats Total Topics: 1751
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Attack of the Canadian Red Squirrel,  (Read 362 times)

Offline Mertin2wheels

• Inazuma Member
  • be humble, be kind, be happy, be motorbike mad
  • Bike: Suzuki gw250cc
  • City / Town: Accrington
Re: Attack of the Canadian Red Squirrel,
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2020, 11:07:13 PM »
no problem  :152:

yeah i suppose its a little project to pass the time while you wait for oil, cant imagine how water could find its way into there unless submerged lol

yeah it does everywhere i guess that's how your squirrel got in, i will post up some pictures in the right section tomorrow of the bits I'm doing to the bike, always wanted to build a cafe racer/ tracker seen as though I'm in isolation for 12 weeks thought id take the opportunity unfortunately over the 2 bikes i have the inazuma got the axe or should i say grinder :008:
I'll have a go on anything... with 2 wheels you dirty git!!

Offline onazoomerF

• Inazuma Member
  • Bike: GW250 F
  • City / Town: Perth
Re: Attack of the Canadian Red Squirrel,
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2020, 11:41:17 AM »
So I bought an led bulb for the GW at the winter Super Bike Show. Hey. Here I am with not a lot do (just chainsaw work, wood splitting, stacking, patch kayak, paint fences, fix broken car reflector, vacuuming, etc), so I'll just install it now. Should be five minutes. Having a fairing, I had to try to do this without removing anything (DAW).

The little plastic collar on the led slipped into the reflector unit. No TRY to do that intentionally. Had a time retrieving that.

Then the little wire that's supposed to retain the bulb fell out onto my porch, and it's lucky it didn't go into a crack and become another feast for the squirrel. To place that into the original spot, under a tiny screw, proved almost impossible. Set it aside for the next day.  All this is lying, kneeling at the bike and not much light, and very bad sight lines, and one-hand operation room in that fairing cavity.

I think I have to remove a whole lot of plastic now, just to set that spring. Hopefully, It'll make installing that bulb easier. And with this going on, I'm listening to bikes going by, enjoying the air.

In the meantime, the "lady" of the house is barking about getting that chainsaw working (that's another long-term thing) before the cursed blackflies and ticks start up.

I also started to work on making my kayak float. I'd had it duct taped with Gorilla tape for the last four years.

With the virus surrounding us, it's good that this is all stuff to rivet me to home.

Wadda life, eh?

disjointed-outlet