in: Kevin

Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1053
  • stats Total Posts: 23529
  • stats Total Topics: 1784
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: First year of ownership  (Read 937 times)

Offline Riggsy

• Inazuma Member
  • Bike: 2013 250 Inazuma
  • City / Town: Welling
First year of ownership
« on: February 18, 2020, 08:39:50 AM »
Hi
I've had the bike a year already now sitting on 17k miles
5k miles commuting into London most days rain or shine
You probably couldn't ask for a better commuter bike.
Over the year it has averaged 80.5mpg with the best 96.5mpg
on a trip to Dorset.
The bits I have changed myself in a year:-
Rear tyre , headlamp bulb , 2 sidelight bulbs , chain and s larger 15t sprocket ( what a difference) 2 oil changes & fitted some head grips .
It's started 1st time every time except once when I accidently left the parking lights on ! Dooh. Jump start sorted it.
The forum seems very quiet lately, maybe  because not  a lot goes wrong with these bikes.
Happy Riding
Riggsy
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 08:42:31 AM by Riggsy »

Offline Gillo

• Inazuma Junior
Re: First year of ownership
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 06:00:31 PM »
Thanks for that update Riggsy, can I ask what your exhaust is looking like after a year of commuting in all weathers? I also commute on my bike each day, the exhaust looks a bit sorry for itself, despite regular cleaning and acf50. Other than that, I agree the bike is great. I get about 68mpg and ride a 14t sprocket, most of my riding is in the city and I like the zip that gives when going in and out of traffic. Tried the 15t but changed back. I might try 15t again when it's due for replacement though. Will also probably buy a 2 into1 exhaust at some stage, if I keep the bike.

Offline Riggsy

• Inazuma Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 06:42:00 PM »
The exhaust seems to be holding up ok,  I give the bike a good wash & wax every couple of weeks this weather and give the front pipes a polish with some autosol which brings them up nice. I have got a fender extender on the front mudguard which maybe stops a bit of muck getting thrown up over the exhaust and engine. One week I was riding in the pouring rain everyday and by the end of the week most of the paint had fallen of the hiflo  oil filter, looks a bit sad for itself now .

Offline Robell

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: GW250L3
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 05:29:56 PM »
mpg does seem to vary with distance.

At one time I was commuting 25 miles each way, on rural roads and was getting close to 85 mpg

Now, my commute is down to 3 miles each way, and it's dropped to mid sixties  :002:
" it's better to burn out, than to fade away "

Offline Gillo

• Inazuma Junior
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 11:29:16 AM »
Similar with me. Somewhere in the mid to high sixties mpg for urban commuting about 5 miles each way, low seventies for longer rides. I have never managed to get anywhere near eighty mpg unfortunately.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 11:32:16 AM by Gillo »

Offline Riggsy

• Inazuma Member
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 12:23:59 PM »
My mpg is probably good because I'm used to riding big old British BSA singles and never rev my bikes much , also my 15mile commute the speed limits is either 30mph and  20mph for the last 3  miles,  if they introduce any more speed limits I might walk ! Lol

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2020, 08:05:26 AM »
With regards to rusty oil filters - you may like to look at entry 2 on this post. It is something I came up with when I had mine.

https://www.inazuma250.com/index.php/topic,1409.msg19701.html#msg19701
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

disjointed-outlet