Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1107
  • stats Total Posts: 23719
  • stats Total Topics: 1815
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: exhaust and tyres  (Read 1307 times)

Offline billabong

• Inazuma Junior
exhaust and tyres
« on: October 10, 2019, 01:55:03 PM »
hi.....if i repaced my exhaust system with aftermarket system do i need to make any adjustments at all (dont want it running rich or weak mixture) or anything else..Also looking for new tyres....more interesred in grip the longevity...cheers

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
Re: exhaust and tyres
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 09:05:43 AM »
Depends if you are going to change full exhaust or slip on only. Your post suggests the whole lot.

If you change the lot then yes your bike will benefit from a retune, but you may well find it runs ok for your purposes - it just may lose a few horses. It's mainly when you mess around with air filters etc. that you need to consider adjustments.
If you just put on a slip on there is usually no adjustments needed.

Re-tuning isn't a big issue and most garages, unless you have the equipment yourself, will do it in about half an hour.
Off the Inazuma Topic - I brought a tuner to re-tune my bike following an exhaust mod and high performance air filter fitting, following the re-tune the bike runs really sweet and has noticeably more acceleration so it may be worth investing in having it done?
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline billabong

• Inazuma Junior
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 10:06:58 AM »
thanks for the info Tookadum...just out of interest what tuner did you buy and was it easy to use?

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 10:39:21 AM »
Hi
Well mine would be no use to you - it is an FP3 tuner made by Vance and Hines designed specifically for Harley Davidson motorcycles. It has many features that can be connected to any phone which will display loads of parameters mpg, sensor temp, engine temp. etc. etc. The feature I most liked was the 'auto-tune' which basically means you plug it in, turn it on, ride around for about 50 miles at varying engine speeds and it tunes the bike itself!

https://fuelpak.vanceandhines.com/

I have used a lot of tuners in the past for cars and motorcycles - I have always found them very easy to use. The only problem is - they ain't cheap! So unless you are planning doing work on a regular basis you would likely be better off paying someone for a one-time tune. Also be careful as some of them require you to tune while the bike is running so unless you have access to a 'rolling road' (dyno set up) or can lift the wheel sufficiently as well as holding the bike stable while it is revving, steer clear!

Below are a couple you might consider looking at - after you pick yourself up from the floor from seeing the price!!

https://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detail/smart-tune-motorcycle-fuel-tuner-performance-module/suzuki/gw250

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/products.aspx?mk=21&mdl=641&yr=2916

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline billabong

• Inazuma Junior
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 12:28:43 PM »
thanks for the info..........maybe i wont buy a tuner :002:

disjointed-outlet