Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1030
  • stats Total Posts: 23450
  • stats Total Topics: 1766
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Inazuma 250 2013 won't rev past 7/8000 rpm  (Read 2875 times)

Offline claudio98

• Inazuma Junior
Inazuma 250 2013 won't rev past 7/8000 rpm
« on: September 12, 2019, 05:28:58 PM »
Hello guys ,I'm new to this forum so thank you all for reading and responding in advance.
So, my bike won't rev past 7/8000 rpm when i open the throttle to full gas it gets stuck and it seems like there's a limiter there, this issue will only happen if i twist the throttle from 0 to full open if i do a progressive acceleration it will rev to the limiter but i can feel that still struggles to. And also when the bike is cold and freshly started it will do just fine but after a few runs the problem starts taking place.
So i did some work and changed fuel pump and fuel filter the whole throttle body from a new inazuma that was wrecked, cleaned the whole exhaust system and new regulator rectifier and still making the same issue and also i tried every fuel additive from water removers to engine cleaners.
This issue is bothering me so bad cause i love my Inazuma and still can't ride it to the max or do highway trips because it wont go to the maximum speed.
If anybody knows something or has had the same issue please help me, I even tried to contact Suzuki Italy but they don't care.
And also I have another question does your Inazuma suffer of ON/OFF issues? Mine sometimes it's just undriveable, in corners you either get stuck from too much engine brake or you don't shift down and so you don't have power.
Help me please this bike it's becoming a money pit  :148:

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
Re: Inazuma 250 2013 won't rev past 7/8000 rpm
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 07:27:07 PM »
Well the good news is, providing the parts you have replaced are in good order, you have changed just about anything it could be.

The bad news is now you have to find what is actually wrong. The symptoms you are showing suggest that there is a problem with airflow, fuelling or ignition.

Stupid question first - is the throttle cable adjusted so that the throttle fully opens? Basic I know but that's the start point.

Then: Have you checked the valve clearances?
         Are the plugs clean and set correctly?

I am also assuming the bike does not rev in all gears and also when it is not in gear?

Assuming the above is ok:

In my opinion, which rarely is correct  :006: as you say the bike is fine until it gets warm it strongly suggests that there is insufficent fuel getting through. i.e. when the bike is cold the 'choke' allows more fuel / less air in, once it warms up the mixture is weakened - as you say this is when you have a problem then it points to this being the issue. i.e. lack of fuel.

If the fuel pipes / filter are clear and unblocked and there are no leaks from vacuum hoses etc. then I would be looking at the injectors.

Can't in all honesty - unless the bike has VERY high mileage, see it being anything else. Would like to get feedback on how you get on  :187:
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline Kantara

• Inazuma God
  • Take care out there.
  • Bike: Suzuki Marauder
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 10:39:37 AM »

Hi tookadum,

When I was 17 I was riding a new AJS 350cc 16MS.  Coming home from work I had an argument with a truck.  Needless to say I came off worse.  Once the bike was repaired I was back on the road again.  However I had not gone more than 10 miles when the bike started faltering and stopped.  I could not see anything wrong but I did check the fuel.  When I took the fuel cap off there was a slight hissing sound.  Cap back on and away I went.    Next morning I took the bike back to the dealers who had done the repairs.  The mechanic  checked the fuel cap and discovered that it was the wrong cap.  It was the same as the oil tank.  He drilled a hole in the cap and all was ok. He told me that because there was no hole in the cap pressure was building up in the tank thus causing the bike to stop.  You know better than me but could this be the sort of problem our friend is having?  :084:
Kantara

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 12:33:42 PM »
Hi Kantara me old mucka  :028:

I bow to your superior wisdom  :020:

Yep, for the engine to run there obviously needs to be a fuel supply. If air cannot get in the tank then fuel cannot leave.  :027:
Perhaps I wrongly assumed that claudio98 had checked that there is an adequate fuel supply and instead of saying checking fuel pipes are clear I should have said ensure an adequate amount of fuel is getting to the throttle body.  :112:

Defo has something to do with fuel or fuel delivery.  :169:

Anyway - the sun is shining Kantara so put your long trousers on and go outside and sit on your bike making vroom vroom noises to the people walking by - if there is a breeze you could also be able to feel the wind in your hair!  :745:

Good luck claudio98  :028:
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline Robell

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: GW250L3
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 03:05:33 PM »
That does sound like a fueling issue to me.
As above, check the fuel cap breather - nice simple fix, if that's the problem  :002:

The cap is linked to the breather hose via the rubber connector, under the cap
If it is blocked, you might hear a hiss of incoming air, when you open the cap, after a run
" it's better to burn out, than to fade away "

Offline Kantara

• Inazuma God
  • Take care out there.
  • Bike: Suzuki Marauder
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 05:51:16 PM »

CJAUDIO 98

Have you sorted the problem out yet mate?  Please let us know if you have, and what caused it.   :821:
Kantara

Offline AlessandroIzzo

• Inazuma Junior
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2019, 02:41:06 PM »
did you solve the problem? just contact me on the email aizzo200@gmail.com. thanks,
I'm italian :046: