Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1030
  • stats Total Posts: 23450
  • stats Total Topics: 1766
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bar mount risers  (Read 1671 times)

Offline Stevo

• Inazuma Junior
Bar mount risers
« on: September 06, 2019, 08:39:54 AM »
Does anyone know if there is enough slack in the  cables etc to install two inch risers under the handlebar mounts? 

Offline NH882

• Inazuma Junior
Re: Bar mount risers
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 10:31:30 AM »
*Originally Posted by Stevo [+]
Does anyone know if there is enough slack in the  cables etc to install two inch risers under the handlebar mounts?
Hey Guys, can someone please confirm the above? I am about to order the two-inch risers under the handlebar mounts. Please provide your feedback if it works. Thank you.

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 02:02:13 PM »
Hi
Not sure how to post a previous link on here but this link may help you:
https://www.inazuma250.com/index.php?topic=981.0

Reading this (I have not tried it myself) but it looks like it does not work.

It is of course possible to obtain cables the length you require so it could still be an option but will cost you a little more.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline SammyJ

• Inazuma Junior
  • Bike: 2016 Inazuma
  • City / Town: Auckland
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 04:29:06 AM »
I have installed these. They’re fine with a small catch. It’s a bit of a stretch for the brake hose but is still works fine (just about). The more serious issue is that the risers themselves have a slight play even after being fully tightened. I’m concerned about over tightening the bolts and having them fail on me while riding. It’s odd. At the moment they’re working for me but I still keep a check and keep an Allen key set under the seat...just in case they loosen too much on a long ride. They raised handlebars offer so much comfort that I’m willing to take a calculated chance.
2BorNot2B

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 08:30:38 AM »
SammyJ

If the bars are not tight or come loose when you ride your bike and you need to brake sharply your handlebars will move and you will lose control. If you are unable to tighten them correctly there is obviously an issue with the fixings or the bars are too thin? If the fixings are not holding the bars then you could (as a last resort) tap a screw into the fixings / bars to prevent movement. If you are in any doubt just don't ride it till it's sorted.

If your brake hose is tight  it can easily be replaced. A brake hose can be made to your specifications at may outlets.

Even at slow speeds an accident could be serious :(
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 08:32:46 AM by tookadum »
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline SammyJ

• Inazuma Junior
  • Bike: 2016 Inazuma
  • City / Town: Auckland
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 01:59:13 PM »
Thanks for your input and its quite reasonable to feel the way you do about this. However there’s a reason I don’t quite call it that risky.
Firstly there’s a pin that slots between each riser and the original clip-on which prevents any major play. Without this, the effect of play while riding would be catastrophic for sure. So whoever designed it, may not have been accurate to the decimal place of the mm but was smart nonetheless.
Secondly, vertically, it’s quite a tight fit and they’re no way way I could manually yank the whole thing off when tight. Even with the bolts totally loose, it takes a bit of effort to mount/dismount the risers+clip on.
Tightened, I haven’t experienced issues. The concern is that I can generate a bit of horizontal play when I use significant force. Ideally there should be no play possible once the bolts at tight. So while I wish it was perfect, and while someone else may not, I can live with what it is. Honestly  the difference in comfort is significant which just indicates that the GW250’s handlebar ergonomics are not designed well. I reckon that the faired version, GW250F, which has regular handlebars instead of clip ons, would be more comfortable. Meanwhile, I’m wondering if super thin rubber/silicone layer could make my setup perfect.
Front brake hose is fine too, I check it every time before riding and it’s not really being pulled apart. I got my bike’s warrant-of-fitness with the risers installed and they checked it and passed it.
One issue that I do have with such products is that they may not be exhaustingly QC checked and therefore there may be variances between sets. There could be a set out there that would be better than the one I have or perhaps, worse. I wish this part was manufactured be Suzuki themselves.
2BorNot2B

disjointed-outlet