Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1017
  • stats Total Posts: 23352
  • stats Total Topics: 1751
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Exhaust Option  (Read 2768 times)

Offline Wookiee

• Inazuma Member
  • Bike: 2014 Suzuki 250
Re: Exhaust Option
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2019, 08:45:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by Kantara [+]
Nice job. Well worth the money.  :821:

For sure, keeps the little Zuma on the road. Next job is an oil & filter change (I had ordered these thinking I'd do them when the exhaust was changed but the delivery was 'lost' in the post). Oil & filter have now arrived so that'll be next, the previous owner said that he'd changed the oil 'a few months ago' but it's quite dark so I'm going to replace it & the filter. It's not an expensive job so might as well do it for piece of mind.  :002:

Offline Kantara

• Inazuma God
  • Take care out there.
  • Bike: Suzuki Marauder
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2019, 09:33:20 AM »

You have done the most expensive job, i.e. changing the exhaust system.

Always best to change the oil and filter even if the last owner said it had been done.  :028:
Kantara

Offline Wookiee

• Inazuma Member
  • Bike: 2014 Suzuki 250
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2019, 09:40:32 AM »
*Originally Posted by Kantara [+]
You have done the most expensive job, i.e. changing the exhaust system.

Always best to change the oil and filter even if the last owner said it had been done.  :028:

I want to replace the tyres as well, it's got some cheap 'ditch finders' on it at the moment. I'm thinking of changing them to Bridgestone BT45's, I've used Bridgestones on all of my previous bikes and never had any issues and they seem to have a decent lifespan.
A little more expense needed but I picked the bike up cheaply to start with so happy to invest a bit of money to improve things, I plan on keeping her for a few years so might as well invest.  :002:

Offline Kantara

• Inazuma God
  • Take care out there.
  • Bike: Suzuki Marauder
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2019, 10:20:06 AM »

Seeing you picked the bike up quite cheaply now you can raid the piggy bank and start replacing the needed parts like tyres.  Tyres don't come cheap for good ones, but I always think your life is riding on those two bits of rubber.  I would never stint on tyres.  You pay good money, get good tyres and they will last you a lot longer than cheap ones.

Get the bike up to your standard and there is no reason why you cant keep it for years.

You said the new exhaust system is making the bike look dirty.  A bucket of warm water plus sponge and the job is done. Oh and a good polish after.  :008:

Look after the bike and the bike will look after you. :028:
Kantara

Offline hl3013st

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: inazuma black
  • City / Town: Heraklion
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2019, 04:07:52 PM »
Hi!! It's long time since my last post. So hi to all new members. My pipes are in bad shape. The rest of the exchaust is fine, so i have checked the internet and they sell a tube for the right side and put a universal pipe, at the left side they just block it. You think this is a good set up or?? What's your opinion? I will try to find a link the tube.
If you wanna a ride. Ride a Black horse :-)

Offline hl3013st

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: inazuma black
  • City / Town: Heraklion
If you wanna a ride. Ride a Black horse :-)

Offline Robell

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: GW250L3
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2019, 07:15:09 PM »
I'm sure that's what Yoshimura do.

A freer flowing silencer on the right, and block off the exit on the left
" it's better to burn out, than to fade away "

disjointed-outlet