Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1017
  • stats Total Posts: 23352
  • stats Total Topics: 1751
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Valve clearance check  (Read 2439 times)

Offline WaffleHouse

• Inazuma Member
Re: Valve clearance check
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 03:46:44 AM »
Forgive my ignorance, but do you folks in the UK have the big charcoal canister under the left tank cover?  I have read about the strict European emissions standards, but maybe what goes out the tailpipe and what evaporates from the gas tank are two different concerns. Mostly just curious. Like others, I didn't read the manual when I checked my valves, just pulled the gas tank automatically. When I had a Ninja 250, I believe I had to disconnect the radiator, remove the fairing and definitely the gas tank.  I love THIS bike's simplicity.  And the smoothness of the engine.
Thanks.

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2019, 05:28:46 AM »
Mine did not have one I don't think.
Most bikes have 'extra's' fitted to the emission system to meet the emission laws in some states of America but these parts are not normally fitted as standard. I don't think European emissions laws are as strict as say California. I know that some guys over there are scared of fitting aftermarket parts that increase performance due to the additional effect on the exhaust gasses.  :003:
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline WaffleHouse

• Inazuma Member
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2019, 05:47:47 AM »
Thanks, that is interesting.  California has a lot of laws that say things are illegal, but they have little or no police enforcement, except for businesses selling such things.  In time, California will likely have emissions testing for motorcycles, if there is money in it for some politician.  Oh, sorry. I'm being cynical.  :) 

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2019, 01:08:44 PM »
lol,

yeah I speak to a lot of people in California who have Harley Davidsons and they say that they are really restricted in what they can do to their bikes cos of the emissions and noise controls there. I am glad I don't live there cos I reckon I would get pulled over every time I start my bike !  :745:

Offline WaffleHouse

• Inazuma Member
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2019, 07:57:17 PM »
I still hear many very, very loud Harleys & the occasional sportbike.  Maybe there are fewer or just fewer where I ride on rural roads. Riding between stoplights in the suburbs, they seem pretty thick.

Maybe dealers won't risk installing the loud pipes.  But I don't know any specifics.

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2019, 10:10:13 AM »
 :084: now there's a first! - a loud Harley  :730:  :745:

Offline WaffleHouse

• Inazuma Member
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2019, 02:07:14 AM »
I am thinking you would not like my license plate frame.

Attached?