in: Robell

Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 988
  • stats Total Posts: 23249
  • stats Total Topics: 1726
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: mc police  (Read 1144 times)

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
Re: mc police
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 04:17:23 PM »
Awkward people always find easy things awkward!  :745:

I reverse my bike into the shed and place it on the side stand near to the wall - I am unable then to dismount on the left so I have to do it on the right - easy peezy! And don't forget that I am allegedly an 'old timer'!  :127:

However, when I ride I do always dismount from the left as it is just plain etiquette ! :169:

I guess that when you reach a certain age you have difficulty getting your leg over  :164: I however have not yet achieved that milestone!  :730:

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline Kantara

• Inazuma God
  • Take care out there.
  • Bike: Suzuki Marauder
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 08:05:42 PM »

Any silly  :172: would know that if they put the side stand down close to the wall they no hope of getting off on the left, you would have to get off on the right.  Seeing you have got an Harley it is a low bike which makes it easier if you are daft enough to place the bike close to the wall on the left hand side.  Hey you know I said you were intelligent, well I am having second or perhaps third thoughts.  Bloody hell some people. :112: :112:
Kantara

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2019, 08:23:32 AM »
Look numpty breath  :230: I reverse the bike in cos it's easier to do so than to reverse out !!! :157:

Plus, due to the 'not so nice people' that are found south of Birmingham I now have the biggest anchor chain and padlock that is sold anywhere in the universe around my back wheel - can't get it through the front, and as such the back wheel has to go in first - as we used to say on the old GWR 'bunker first' - old timer speak!

Anyway, the sun is out so ask your wife to help push yours onto the lawn and you can practice sitting on it and making growling noises.

Have a good un - lets see those biker pics!!  :152:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 08:25:04 AM by tookadum »
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline Kantara

• Inazuma God
  • Take care out there.
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2019, 11:10:51 AM »

Now look Sweetpea you have not done what I asked you to do.  i.e mount your bike from the left and dismount from the right, but DONT put it up against a wall.  Oh hell do you want me to come up there and show you how to do it. :730:

Yes understand the GWR speak "bunker first".  My brother used to be one of those  on the footplate who used shovel coal into the firebox.  Sweat and toil.  Not like today seated in their heated cabs and never arriving on time. :745:

Sure will send pics to you.  Looking forward to it.  Like Christmas is a coming.
Kantara

Offline SteveT

• Inazuma Member
  • Bike: GW250 Black
  • City / Town: Forest, Virginia
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2019, 12:01:45 PM »
Americans drive on the right side of the road.  It is safer for police to dismount and remount on the right side, since it places the bike between them and traffic.
Suzi B. & me

Offline Kantara

• Inazuma God
  • Take care out there.
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2019, 01:07:59 PM »

Yea good one Steve T, but hell it looks awkward.  Will have to wait for tookadums answer.  :148:
Kantara

Offline onazoomerF

• Inazuma Member
  • Bike: GW250 F
  • City / Town: Perth
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2019, 09:36:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by tookadum [+]
I guess that when you reach a certain age you have difficulty getting your leg over  :164: I however have not yet achieved that milestone!  :730:
  My dog's old and he does alright.

Recent Topics

disjointed-outlet