Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1054
  • stats Total Posts: 23536
  • stats Total Topics: 1786
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Mini battery jump starter thingy  (Read 1277 times)

Offline Tayto

• Inazuma Master
  • City / Town: Munster
Mini battery jump starter thingy
« on: February 06, 2019, 12:39:23 AM »
One of my Batteries don't seem to hold a charge for too long because of power drainage by the alarm system so its only a mater of time before I get stuck while out an about,

So I was looking at one of these little fella's

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Noco-GB20-Genius-Boost-Pack-12V-400A-Lithium-Battery-Jump-Starter-Car-Motorcycle/192427927996?epid=1878533824&hash=item2ccd9929bc:g:OQMAAOSw8R9aXN3T:rk:3:pf:1&frcectupt=true

I know a new battery will be needed soon but having this in the long run should come in fair handy,   Have any of you folks tried one of these type boosters ?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 12:40:57 AM by Tayto »

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
Re: Mini battery jump starter thingy
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 11:38:18 AM »
Hi Tayto, long time no hear.

Yep, I have used one of these in the past for emergency starting - do the job perfect. A lot of people reckon they fry the battery over time so I would be careful how often you use it!

Did you not have a battery trickle charger? I keep my bike permanently hooked up to an optimate - alarm never drains the battery and the bike is always 100% charged and ready to go - a bit like me!
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline Tayto

• Inazuma Master
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 09:30:11 PM »
Well hello Tookadum

Nice to see you busy on here sir,  I got the tender for it in readiness for any long'esh  spells of bad weather and have used it faithfully in between ride's,

Cant remember a time that the bike stood for more than a week without a good ride out Or having the tender on her, 

it was put on last night and today it still only reads 12.5 v.  Might have to sell the Zuma to afford a new Harley battery  :002:

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 06:51:58 AM »
Sounds like you do have a duff battery then  :003:  My bike hasn't moved for a while on the road and is plugged in 100% of the time to a tender - I really hope I don't have an issue because, as you suggested, the batteries are quite expensive.

Would you get enough for a new Harley Battery if you sold the Zuma?  :084:

Those starters you suggested you might buy come a lot cheaper than that - for the amount you intend to use it is it worth buying an expensive one?  Have a look on ebay or Amazon before you get one  :169:

Take care  :821:

Offline Tayto

• Inazuma Master
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 10:38:12 PM »
Checked out Halfords an they have own brand name booster packs.. One up to 2lt petrol for €70+   an a 3lt for €105,

I might go for the more expensive Roco gb40 because its supposed to be able to jump up to a 3lt diesel, This one might save the day should my van drain down  :027: 

Just cant make my mind up, Will check out online as u suggested

:821:

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 07:59:54 AM »
Plenty around mate - have a look at Amazon. Just make sure you check the amps of the biggest battery you want to start and the amps of the starter that you buy otherwise it will not have enough power to turn the engine over:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/DBPOWER-8000mAh-Portable-Emergency-Flashlight-Black-Yellow/dp/B079LZJ8GK/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1549958286&sr=8-16&keywords=motorcycle+jump+starter

Might be worth having a look for a battery there too.  :821:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 08:02:59 AM by tookadum »

Offline Tayto

• Inazuma Master
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 10:59:39 PM »
Just an update on this booster pack,

I ordered the Roco GB40 to be delivered to the shop for collection, took a few days before they notified me that it was ready to collect,

At the till the assistant took the money for the gb40 But I realised later that it was the gb70 that was in the box addressed to me... So now I'm sitting at home looking at this big lump thinking it's too big to carry in my motorbike tool bag,  Thought of bringing it back but first i went an checked the price and if it was any / much better than the gb40.

Have to say it is the business, about 4 months or more after getting it I went to my van to find i had left the ignition on all night which killed the battery, It was so dead that no lights showed on the dash after turning it on an off a few times,So out comes the Roco 70, 
Put it on, let it trickle into the flat battery for 3 or 5 minutes Held my breath an turned the key... BOOM!!  It roared into life first time,
since then I had it in the van an it helped me start a guy's 2.5lt van and only 2 nights back a young girl across the road from me left her lights on while chatting with friends in her car... Next thing i see the 3 of them looking under the bonnet, 
So goes to see if there was anyway I could help them, Seeing it was the battery had died and she was parked on such a steep hill that the car would have built up enough speed to start itself up without even having to push it.... I says give me a minute an I be back  :015:

I couldn't let the opportunity of putting my thingy to the test again pass So out it comes, stuck it on the battery an again left it connected to the battery while we chatted an made friends  :002:   left it on longer than needed but the result was the same BOOM!!  The car roared into life an the girl took a couple of pictures of the jump starter that will some day get her out of trouble,

its a wicked little tool that says it can jump start around 20 times without recharge ... I wouldn't push it that far but yeah its good,

got a small one from aldi or lidl for the bike, cost around €60 which has usb so u can charge your phone an things... aint had the opportunity to start any engines with it yet BUT I did put a charge in my phone twice an found it had lost all power,
Could be i got a dud but time will tell.

No need for reply dude, just letting u know,  Love that Roco70  :001:

disjointed-outlet