in: Inazuma55

Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1046
  • stats Total Posts: 23514
  • stats Total Topics: 1781
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Not many about  (Read 3112 times)

Offline johna6968

• Inazuma Pro
  • Bike: L3 Inazuma Black
  • City / Town: Cheshire
Re: Not many about
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 03:10:57 PM »
Bigger bore with four valves per cylinder too. I think we're on to a winner :028:
Its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it..

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 08:13:32 AM »
Well, interestingly I just browsed the Suzuki 'new' line up - in the GSX range there are 125's, 250's then the next size is 750. No 600! There is also no GSXR 750

One is left wondering what is happening?

The 650 is the only 'mid-range' bikes shown and I can't say the V-Strom does it for me - especially at those prices! Wonder what happened to the Bandit!

If you are after a mid-range bike snap up an SV650 because I think that the writing is on the wall for those too!

https://bikes.suzuki.co.uk/bikes/

« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 08:17:13 AM by tookadum »
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline HappyFrog

• Inazuma Pro
  • Bike: Inazuma Red
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2018, 07:26:53 AM »
Just before Christmas (in town to pick up the turkey) we saw a new zuma parked - a bright blue one with the new fairings. Looked nice (red would have been nicer still, but there). I think it's the only other zuma I've seen around since I got Thunderchild four years ago. She gets a lot of admiring comments though; I'm always explaining what she is to folks, who almost always say that she looks a lot bigger than a 250.
Said the little eohippus: "I am going to be a HORSE!"

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2018, 08:55:57 AM »
Happy New Year to you and yours Happyfrog.

They didn't exactly sell a lot in the UK. I think the Asian markets got the majority.

Have never actually seen another apart from one guy who I met through this forum who no longer has his as he sold it and brought a bigger HD as he used to ride with me and my son on it and simply couldn't keep up!

I know a few people who own bigger bikes 750cc upwards and they are 'old school' who class a 250 as an intermediate bike - for those who have passed their test but aren't confident enough to handle the weight / speed of a bigger bike!

Problem being that not many people want a 250 due to it's relatively low speed capabilities (by today's standards) and as with all Japanese bikes they are very expensive.  After passing their tests the youngsters today want a lot more power and with 600 and 750cc bikes being relatively cheap compared to a 250 there is no contest.

You'll probably find that mostly two types of people brought the Inazuma in the UK - those who want cheap commuting and those who are a little older who just want a motorbike to remind them of the good old days and are happy with a 250 which about 30 years ago was quite a nippy little beast.

That said I think they are a good little bike and I doubt Suzuki's replacements for it - the GSX and Strom will fair any better.

In a few years anyway, thankfully NOT in my lifetime, everyone will be buzzing around on a restricted battery powered piece of sh#t with sat nav, radio's and all manner of electric gizzmos to attract buyers and 'bikers' will be a thing of legends!!

Long live the legends, and you Kantara when you read this, the leg - end!   :745:

You only live once - so buy a Harley!  :821:

Offline HappyFrog

• Inazuma Pro
  • Bike: Inazuma Red
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2018, 09:47:27 AM »
Absolutely. I came into biking late when I got a job which meant commuting by motorbike was the most sensible method. I took my full test after riding a 125 for three years, and got the zuma - perfect for my needs which is economy, comfortable on my commute (country lanes, suburbia, city centre - all sadly badly maintained surfaces), and ease of handling. Enough power to get me up the steep hills, heavy enough to cope with the crosswind, light enough to push around the restricted parking area. It ticks all my boxes. Plus she's soooo cute!
Said the little eohippus: "I am going to be a HORSE!"

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2018, 10:16:27 AM »
Cute?  Cute?   But you have a RED one!  :084:

Offline Kantara

• Inazuma God
  • Take care out there.
  • Bike: Suzuki Marauder
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2018, 10:34:06 AM »
 Red is better than a LOOI and fancy high heel boots. :164:
Kantara