in: RoryD

Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1046
  • stats Total Posts: 23514
  • stats Total Topics: 1781
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Not many about  (Read 3113 times)

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
Not many about
« on: October 17, 2018, 05:22:03 PM »
As most probably know, I no longer have my Suzuki Inazuma - loved it, but wanted a little more. Anyway, I have to say that I see very few Inazuma's out there. I am wondering if they are just not common here in the UK or if indeed there were just not that many made?

Other than one person who I met through this site I can't say I have ever seen another Inazuma owner when I have been out and about. I do go to places where bikers meet but there has never been an Inazuma anywhere!

They are nice bikes at a nice price and I doubt Suzuki will get many more sales from this Strom 250 and the GSX but will keep my eyes open for them too.

Off to the bike show at the NEC in a few weeks so look forward to seeing the Suzuki's there as well as the good bikes lol (only joking).
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline Kantara

• Inazuma God
  • Take care out there.
  • Bike: Suzuki Marauder
Re: Not many about
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 06:04:14 PM »
 :0461:  :460:

Enjoy your visit to the NEC. :028:
Kantara

Offline Robell

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: GW250L3
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 06:35:11 PM »
I've seen 3 or 4 Inazuma's  -  in 5 years  :008:

It was good value, so I'm not sure why it wasn't more popular
The new GSX-R  isn't powerful enough for a sporty 250
The V-Strom might sell, but how many potential purcasers are there, for  a 250 Adventure bike ?
" it's better to burn out, than to fade away "

Offline johna6968

• Inazuma Pro
  • Bike: L3 Inazuma Black
  • City / Town: Cheshire
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 08:35:55 PM »
I was made up the other day to overtake a fellow Inazumer. A quick wave as I went through secured the mutual respect. Was a blue one too which seems that bit rarer than the clearly faster black version :002: As a Suzuki salesman once explained, the 250cc thing just didnt catch on, which is strange as they have brand new models with that displacement :027: I do love my Inazuma but wow they are difficult to move on for decent money should you decide to part ways. The Internet is littered with mint versions with no miles at all. If I was to be swayed though, it would be another sv650 outside. I hanker now and again for that little bit extra oomph.
Its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it..

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 11:05:25 AM »
Not sure why they did not sell better   :027: - and as Robell say's in most peoples eyes a 250 GSX just isn't worth the bother - all show and no go, so I doubt many of those will be seen either. People who are looking for a GSX probably want a lot more power. I remember my GS500 - looked a very bland bike but would keep up with the traffic and once you opened it up it went like sh#t!

Price too on these bikes is a bit high, in my opinion anyway, considering mine (a 750) was only £5995 on the road brand new - I think almost £5000 for a 250 just won't pull people in  :003:

Time will tell but I think the writing is on the wall for bikes less than about 600cc in the future.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline johna6968

• Inazuma Pro
  • Bike: L3 Inazuma Black
  • City / Town: Cheshire
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 01:08:39 PM »
A 400cc version of the Inazuma/V-strom/gsxr would have been kind of cool. Maybe sub 47 bhp for a2 compliance and also still in the lower road tax bracket. Im sure this will be the benchmark capacity for future smaller +125cc bikes. Question is would folk then be hankering for a 500cc version? and so on and so on.
Its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it..

Offline DJN

• Inazuma Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 11:26:34 AM »
   I agree a  400cc , or more likely these day 300cc, version would be good.
But how to make a biggerr INAZUMA   engine, bore or stroke?