Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1016
  • stats Total Posts: 23352
  • stats Total Topics: 1751
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Saddle bag success!!  (Read 2068 times)

Offline Kantara

• Inazuma God
  • Take care out there.
  • Bike: Suzuki Marauder
Re: Saddle bag success!!
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2018, 08:28:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by johna6968 [+]
I have 2 battery optimisers. One came with crocodile clip attachment only  :028:

Thanks johna6968.  For a moment I thought I was loosing the plot.  Maybe there are different models.  I must have the cheap one. :164:
Kantara

Offline johna6968

• Inazuma Pro
  • Bike: L3 Inazuma Black
  • City / Town: Cheshire
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2018, 12:17:28 PM »
No worries Kantara. The one I have with crocodile clips was better than cheap, thrown in for free with some bike gear I bought few years back :001:  If Im honest its the one I prefer to use if the battery isnt a faff to get at. As said previously Iv only fitted the permanent lead and plug to bikes where battery is a pain to get at, otherwise I dont bother :028: Not a fan of connecting any wires/extras to the battery unless necessary. My buddies fazer looks like a birds nest of accessory wires under his seat, not for me..
Its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it..

Offline Kantara

• Inazuma God
  • Take care out there.
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2018, 11:36:35 AM »
Good morning mate,

I completely agree with you ref adding a bunch of wire could end up in a disaster.  I have seen some of my mates bikes and there are wires going all over the place.  Maybe this is ok if inserting an in line fuse.  It is a pain stripping the bike down just to get at the battery.

As I mentioned before I will run a wire from the battery but insert an in line fuse just in case the inevitable happens.

I don't know how long the battery has been on the bike so I will purchase a new battery.  Rather safe than sorry.  That will take care of some of my birthday money. :012:

Still not made up my mind whether to purchase a set of pannier boxes.  Some nice ones on ebay for sale, some expensive and some cheaper ones.  Only time will tell.

Take care out there and ride safe.

Kantara - The Legend.
Kantara

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2018, 12:20:34 PM »
I do get amazed with all the gadgets that some people have to attach to their bikes to make the ride less boring perhaps? - ditch the crap and enjoy the ride - anything more than a speedo is a waste!
Essentials to me are a sat nav perhaps (if I am after some poxy little haunt) and a mobile phone charger - simples.

Essentials for Kantara = an mp3 player so he can listen to the archers and perhaps a set of bicycle clip warmers  :745:
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline Kantara

• Inazuma God
  • Take care out there.
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2018, 01:34:27 PM »
 :0461: with you tookadum. It's a wonder you have not ditched the speedo because you know you cannot get any more speed out of that scrap yard special. :300:  Scrap Yard Special, hell you will have to take some photo's of it and put it in some motor cycle magazine.  You may get paid for it and then and only them you could purchase a bigger engine from the scrap yard,
, do some mods and it may produce some faster speeds.  You wish.  Told you not to sell the INAZUMA. Wouldn't listen would you? :084:

I agree you should carry a sat nav because you are always getting lost, and the mobile phone to ring the missus to tell her you will be home late AGAIN. :745:

Necessities for the LEGEND are, flask of tea/coffee and a packet of chocolate covered raisins. :350:
Kantara

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2018, 03:48:54 PM »
Necessities for me are the ibuprofen!  :110:

Speed??  :084: Daft bugger! - it goes plenty fast enough for me, thank you and will beat yours if I only use the first 2 gears  :007: so don't go there!!!  :010:

Sat nav is useful for the long rides out - i.e. over 200 miles, try that on yours and you would need 3 x services before you get home!!!  :745:
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline Kantara

• Inazuma God
  • Take care out there.
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2018, 05:04:30 PM »
So now you have switched to ibuprofen.  Didn't the mushrooms give you the kick you wanted? :007:

:062: man, I didn't know you only had two gears on that bit of scrap you got.  Never mind you can smell my exhaust for a while.  Then to save you any disappointment I will let you take the lead. :150:

Only three services?   :001: You need a bigger tank.  Told you not to sell the Inazuma. :745:

It looks like I will have to get leather saddle bags.  All the pannier boxes, having measured  where they should fit, are to long.  I would have remove the indicator's and fit them in a different place.  To much trouble, so it looks like it will have to be the saddle bags.  However I think they would look ok.  Shade more expensive but as long as they improve the looks of the bike I don't mind. :028: 
Kantara

disjointed-outlet