Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1024
  • stats Total Posts: 23403
  • stats Total Topics: 1759
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Anyone using a scissor stand with their Inazuma?  (Read 773 times)

Offline AdamH31

• Inazuma Member
  • Bike: GW250F (Black!)
  • City / Town: Nr. Ware? Herts
Anyone using a scissor stand with their Inazuma?
« on: May 09, 2018, 10:44:21 AM »
Just wondering as I have bought one recently to try and get the bike higher off the ground than simply using the bike's centre stand but I've yet to figure out where to jack against that'll get it off the floor.

I've shaped a couple of bits of 4x2 to go around the crumbling stock exhaust and side stand so I'm lifting on the frame but the weight is too far back so I just end up lifting the front of the bike.

Is it because I've got side and top boxes shifting the weight too far back or is the distribution of all Inazuma's like this?

I could perhaps shift it a bit further back if the centre stand wasn't on but that's not happening as it's too useful to consider taking off.

Photo attached showing what I've got and where I was trying to lift it.  Even with the rear wheel off, the weight was still pulling the back end down.

It'll be useful for work on the front end if I can't figure out how to balance the bike, but I had really hoped to get a straight lift so I can work at the back as well!

(PS there's a lot less rust on the swing arm now!)

Offline Robell

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: GW250L3
Re: Anyone using a scissor stand with their Inazuma?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 06:45:36 PM »
Never tried to get it that high. I do sometimes have a piece of ply under the centre stand to get that little bit extra.
I don't think there's anywhere, rear of the stand you could lift, to get it better balanced.
" it's better to burn out, than to fade away "

Offline AdamH31

• Inazuma Member
  • Bike: GW250F (Black!)
  • City / Town: Nr. Ware? Herts
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 03:55:44 PM »
OK - thanks - I guess that's more money well spent then!  :006:

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 06:26:22 PM »
I think a scissor jack would be VERY unstable - better off getting a proper wheel lift or have a look here:

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !