in: Kantara

Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 975
  • stats Total Posts: 23089
  • stats Total Topics: 1701
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 229

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Burning smell  (Read 692 times)

Offline Tayto

• Inazuma Master
  • City / Town: Munster
Burning smell
« on: January 24, 2018, 11:32:19 AM »
Doe's anyone get a smell when out for a good run, The smell seem's to be coming from under the tank / seat area,

the only way I can describe it is Like mild burning plastic, The smell has been there since I got the bike last year and nothing has blown up, At the start I put it down to the smell of a new bike but now I just dont know.

Offline Robell

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: GW250L3
Re: Burning smell
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 12:50:22 PM »
All you can do is lift the seat and tank, see what you can find.
If it was an electrical fault I'd think it would have caused  a problem by now, but check all the connectors
ACF-50 or FS365 burns off any hot parts within a few miles, as would anything that had melted to the exhausts

In short, dunno  :084:
Maybe it just needs a good thrashing :001:
" it's better to burn out, than to fade away "

Offline Tayto

• Inazuma Master
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 07:50:11 PM »
I was hoping not to have to take the tank off But it will give me a chance to check on the filter, I was meaning to check the filter when I was hiding the heat grips  wire under the tank, never took the tank completely off.. Just raised it high enough to slip the wires under,

The reason I didn't have the tank off is because it was full and was worried it would piss out as soon as I took the tube off, is there a ball bearing in the tank to stop the fuel spilling out,

in other words can I take the tube off without the worry of petrol going everywhere ?

Offline Robell

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: GW250L3
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 08:33:20 PM »
You'll just need a rag to catch a few drops that will leak.
tbh, the fuel pipe fitting is a pain, - it's much easier with a near empty tank  :002:

I've fitted the grips without taking the tank off. There's plenty of space behind the headstock, under the plastic cover, tho you'll need to take the sidepanel off first

" it's better to burn out, than to fade away "

Offline Tayto

• Inazuma Master
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 10:20:06 PM »
Hi Robell

Yeah I already wired up the grips and followed the same path as you show in the picture... undid the tank nuts and raised the tank as much as it would go and wedged a bit of wood under it while running the wire underneath,

Will have another bash at it the weekend, As for giving it a thrashing  Well it's normally after I been ripping the knickers off her that I get the weird smell when stopped at lights and such,

it's something that needs looking at so I have to get to the bottom of it,

Cheers

Offline t-j-b

• Inazuma Junior
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 07:49:00 PM »
Hey, I'm getting a similar issue, did you ever find the source? Cheers

Offline Tayto

• Inazuma Master
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 02:44:43 PM »
Hi Tjb.
No never found out what caused the smell. But it can't have been wiring or anything really important.
As Robell said. In my case If it had been anything electrical it would have shown itself.

I passed my Zuma onto another lucky rider.. Forgot to try sell him the new chain an 15 tooth sprocket that I bought but never installed.

Bought a little Harley instead :-)

Must stick a picture in the gallery of my grandson on the bike. He's 7 an pure chilled out about going for a ride now.
He was well gutted when I sold the batman bike 'That's what he called the inazuma'