Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1018
  • stats Total Posts: 23362
  • stats Total Topics: 1754
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: BRAKES REBUILD  (Read 1888 times)

Offline Bertrg10

• Inazuma Member
  • Bike: Black Inazuma
  • City / Town: West London
BRAKES REBUILD
« on: July 25, 2017, 10:53:44 AM »
I have been told I need a brake rebuild - anyone had similar and what was the 'damage'?  Cheers
Always ride assuming there is an idiot about to get you!

Offline Kantara

• Inazuma God
  • Take care out there.
  • Bike: Suzuki Marauder
Re: BRAKES REBUILD
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 11:02:00 AM »
Sorry mate I cant help there but I'm sure Robell or tookadum will be able to help.  They are the experts plus many more on this forum.  Good luck. :028:
Kantara

Offline Robell

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: GW250L3
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 12:57:21 PM »
Depends what's meant by a rebuild.
New pads, fluid, seals is relatively cheap and easy.
I've done all that  and it was literally a few £

My front disc is starting to wear, so that's next. Not sure on the price, but again it shouldn't take long to change. I'd be surprised if the master cylinder needs an overhaul yet.
" it's better to burn out, than to fade away "

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 05:27:25 PM »
Wonder who used the phrase 'brake rebuild!'   :164:

Sounds to me like it could be a dealer trying to justify charging you an extortionate amount for a relatively simple job???   :006:

Worse case scenario is the cylinders, as Robell says I doubt they will need replacing through normal wear and tear - Inazuma's have not been out that long!!  Seals and pads are an easy job.

Would be very interested to hear why this work needs doing???  :187:
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline Umoth

• Inazuma Pro
  • Bike: GO 53X ME
  • City / Town: Abingdon.
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 06:02:40 PM »
Brake rebuild.. i guess it depend what they mean.

I have posted already that on my just over 3 year old bike, with under 10k on the clock, that I have already had to strip front and rear brakes due to dirt build up causing noise and grabbing.

I did not have to go as far as taking the calipers or master cylinders apart to change seals, but I did have to strip the pads and carrier sliders fully. I also had to remove the front brake lever to lube its pivot point, and also remove the boot on the front master cyl to put some lube in there.  It was also noticible that all the fasteners on the front and rear calipers had copper-slip on them, so it was clearly not the first time thay had been apart.

Last time I did it was about 6 months ago, and the front brakes are just starting to grab again.

From prior experience of owning a bike, regular servicing of the brakes is normal. I had to adjust the front shoes and cable on my CD200 monthly, and on my GSX250 it was weekly.

Ask them what they mean, exactly, by a rebuild.
My other bike is a GSF 600 Bandit.

Offline xris_xcess

• Inazuma Member
  • Bike: Gw250l5
  • City / Town: Casablanca
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2019, 08:07:21 PM »
Anyone have info on a caliper rebuild kit?

I see several kits on ebay, but zuma specific.

Also, anyone strip down the caliper, clean, and rebuild with the same seals? Im thinking that my cylinders need a good scrub on the outside. I see small dots (corrosion, gunk?) that i would prefer to remove (maybe with a very fine metal wool pad???).

Would the banjo bolts need new crush bolts?

Cheers!
Candy Red 2015

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 07:42:15 AM »
Not sure about the rebuild kit you need but I am sure there are many out there. The brakes you will likely find are not just fitted to the Zuma.

I would just say however that not replacing the seals is not an option in my opinion. If you are going to the trouble of dismantling everything the seals only cost a few pence and should be replaced - my opinion and others may differ.  :028:
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Recent Topics