Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1108
  • stats Total Posts: 23719
  • stats Total Topics: 1815
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: After market exausts?  (Read 6729 times)

Offline Umoth

• Inazuma Pro
  • Bike: GO 53X ME
  • City / Town: Abingdon.
Re: After market exausts?
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 08:44:41 PM »
Ok. Here it is from the right.
It comes with silencer inserts if you order them, though I am not sure how much silencing they actually do 😂 It's LOUD with them fitted.
 You also have to drill a hole in the tail-pipe to fit them, which needs very sharp drills, stainless is hard.

So. Changes. As the cat is now gone it smells a lot on start up from cold. No cat to soak up the excess fuel, for later burning off. Old-school 1980's car rich on choke fuel stinky.
It pops on over-run, lots when still on cold engine mixture.
Where I work I have to pull out of work into heavy traffic going 50mph+,  so it's often full throttle 1-2-3 till I hit 50Mph, then 4-5-6  as I am up with the traffic, then slow down for a roundabout. Close the throttle. POP....POp....Pop...pop.

Performance wise? Well, I have shed the best part of 14Kg, and replaced it with under 2kg, which is about a 5% weight saving, so any improvement   might be down to weight loss.
It does feel slightly faster, I have to say.

The biggest change I have noticed is in gear shifting. I have had the bike for a year & over 1,500 miles, 5 days a week use, 52 weeks, and never managed up-down shifting as smoothly as I would like. My last bike had no cat (that was a 1981 carb 250 Suzuki.)  Now this bike has no cat, and . . . .
It's like a different bike. I can pop up/down through the gears and the engine revs up for down changes, and drops revs for up-shifts in response to tiny throttle inputs, just like I used to be able to do.

That bike also had a similar exhaust.

My other bike is a GSF 600 Bandit.

Offline Umoth

• Inazuma Pro
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 08:47:04 PM »
This is where you put the o2 sensor.

Offline Naor

• Inazuma Junior
  • Bike: GW250 2013
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 08:42:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by Umoth [+]
This is where you put the o2 sensor.
*Originally Posted by Umoth [+]
Ok. Here it is from the right.
It comes with silencer inserts if you order them, though I am not sure how much silencing they actually do 😂 It's LOUD with them fitted.
 You also have to drill a hole in the tail-pipe to fit them, which needs very sharp drills, stainless is hard.

So. Changes. As the cat is now gone it smells a lot on start up from cold. No cat to soak up the excess fuel, for later burning off. Old-school 1980's car rich on choke fuel stinky.
It pops on over-run, lots when still on cold engine mixture.
Where I work I have to pull out of work into heavy traffic going 50mph+,  so it's often full throttle 1-2-3 till I hit 50Mph, then 4-5-6  as I am up with the traffic, then slow down for a roundabout. Close the throttle. POP....POp....Pop...pop.

Performance wise? Well, I have shed the best part of 14Kg, and replaced it with under 2kg, which is about a 5% weight saving, so any improvement   might be down to weight loss.
It does feel slightly faster, I have to say.

The biggest change I have noticed is in gear shifting. I have had the bike for a year & over 1,500 miles, 5 days a week use, 52 weeks, and never managed up-down shifting as smoothly as I would like. My last bike had no cat (that was a 1981 carb 250 Suzuki.)  Now this bike has no cat, and . . . .
It's like a different bike. I can pop up/down through the gears and the engine revs up for down changes, and drops revs for up-shifts in response to tiny throttle inputs, just like I used to be able to do.

That bike also had a similar exhaust.

Well u sure are making me want to buy this exaust
 :460:

Offline Robell

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: GW250L3
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2017, 09:58:51 AM »
Do you think they're loud enough to upset the MOT man ?  :164:
" it's better to burn out, than to fade away "

Offline Umoth

• Inazuma Pro
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2017, 06:28:52 PM »
By a strange coincidence, I had my MOT done on the 26th of last month, and just so happened to fit this on the 30th... :082:

As for the MOT man, I do not know what a 'loud but acceptable' bike sounds like, I think that some bikes are louder as standard, but some of the rules are silly - you can't be louder than it's supposed to be, even if you are still quieter than others, as they are supposed to be louder.  :112:

One of then people I work with mentioned he can hear me pulling away from the roundabout at the bottom of the hill we work on, about 100 yards away,  but I can hear his mini doing the same if I get to work 1st.

There is a local bike that at about 9pm every week day I hear as it goes along, accelerating hard, but the only road he can be going that fast on, for that length of time, is about a mile away.......

Offline Robell

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: GW250L3
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2017, 09:57:42 AM »
Unless the can is stamped "not for road use" I think it's down to the tester.
He can fail it if he thinks it is substantially louder than the original.

It pays to know your tester - or change things just after the test  :008:
" it's better to burn out, than to fade away "

Offline Umoth

• Inazuma Pro
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2017, 11:59:42 AM »
I am in the process of making a bracket/support for the centre stand, as with the left silencer can removed it just flaps in the wind.
Full info will be supplied once it's fabricated and I am happy with the result.

As the stand is an accessory it seems that Danmoto did not take it into consideration when they designed the system.