Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1107
  • stats Total Posts: 23719
  • stats Total Topics: 1815
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: After market exausts?  (Read 6718 times)

Offline Naor

• Inazuma Junior
  • Bike: GW250 2013
After market exausts?
« on: June 02, 2017, 05:51:10 AM »
Anyone here tried to switch the exausts to something else? (Danmoto is currently the only ones i find on sale)
and can say if there is any chance?

Offline scoot

• Inazuma God
  • Ride safe Ride often
  • Bike: GO ON RIP IT OFF
  • City / Town: Bridlington
Re: After market exausts?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 10:29:18 AM »
Check out these I think they look fantastic.
http://ixil.com/en/gw-250-inazuma-12-15/1050-suzuki-gw-250-inazuma-2012.html
Ride safe
Scoot  :305:
Adventure...BEFORE... Dementia

Offline Naor

• Inazuma Junior
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 10:38:21 AM »
*Originally Posted by scoot [+]
Check out these I think they look fantastic.
http://ixil.com/en/gw-250-inazuma-12-15/1050-suzuki-gw-250-inazuma-2012.html
Ride safe
Although they look cool i think i would rather a full system exaust

Offline scoot

• Inazuma God
  • Ride safe Ride often
  • Bike: GO ON RIP IT OFF
  • City / Town: Bridlington
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 12:10:13 AM »
Explain full system exhaust??
Ride safe
Adventure...BEFORE... Dementia

Offline Naor

• Inazuma Junior
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 05:55:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by scoot [+]
Explain full system exhaust??
Ride safe
I want the whole exhaust.. with the pipes included. Like here - https://www.dan-moto.com/DM_INT/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18_20_239&products_id=1530

Offline Umoth

• Inazuma Pro
  • Bike: GO 53X ME
  • City / Town: Abingdon.
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 08:16:38 PM »
I know this is an old thread, but I post for anyone else who might stumble across it.

Yesterday I fitted a Dan-Moto XG-1

https://www.dan-moto.com/DM_INT/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18_20_239&products_id=1535&zenid=01f68491afc3a1ba05b8e521b81279ef

I also bought & fitted the optional 'mufflers' into the tail-pipes.

Fitting was fairly easy. This was helped by the fact that I had already removed each securing bolt, one at a time, the week before, and applied copper-slip before doing the bolt back up.

Points worth noting.
The 4 exhaust header bolts, M8 x 1.25 x 30, were going really rather rusty. 2 came out nice and easy. One took a bit of work, I had to hammer a 6mm Allen key 1/4" drive bit into the socket,  then it came out easily.
The fourth was so corroded the 6mm hex socket was round.
I had to hammer a bolt extractor onto the outside of what was left of the head, and even then it took a bit of work to remove.
So, if you wish to fit a new exhaust, make sure you have a new set of header bolts to hand.

Having done the preparation, and having the exhaust already purchased, I bought a pack of 10 M8 x 1.25 x 25 A2 stainless bolts (yes, 5mm shorter than stock, the DM exhaust has 4mm thinner clamping flanges, so shorter bolts were purchased.)

Removing the old exhaust was as follows.
1. Undo the nuts & bolts on each silencer can, but leave the bolts in place to support the exhaust.
2. Undo & remove  the header pipe bolts.
3. Undo the hidden bolt behind the cat, under the bike, that is hidden from sight.
4. Place something under the cat, so you can drop the exhaust by about 3 inches, and support it.
5.Go find a second person, and support the exhaust (it's heavy) one person on each side, and take out the bolts in 1, and wiggle and jiggle the exhaust forwards, to get the headers out of the head.
Lower the exhaust onto the support from 4.
6. Unscrew  the lambda probe, and tuck it out the way. It's 17mm hex, and no-one makes a 17mm lambda probe socket (that I could Find) but mine came out with a 17mm spanner.
7. Take the exhaust out from under the bike. Not easy, it's huge, if you are not planning on keeping or selling it, cut one of the cans off with an angle-grinder flush with the cat.
8. Assemble the DM exhaust, off the bike, be aware that the dual tail-pipe  seems to come with the hanger on it upside down. It would fit /= so that rain goes into the pipes. It needs to be \=
9. Wiggle and jiggle in on.
10. Wind the wire on the lambda probe up about 6-8 turns anti-clockwise and then screw it in the boss, which will unwind the wire. (Or cut all the cable-ties, and unplug the probe from the harness, recommended. But I could not get my hands in behind the raditor to unplug it.)
11. Bolt it on.
BE LOUD>

12. If you have the optional centre stand make sure the pivot bolt goes in from the right, if not take it out, and put it in from the right, or the thread poking out the nut will contact the exhaust. There is clearance for a bolt head, but not for 15mm of thread.
13. If you have the optional centre stand work out how to make a mounting bracket for the now missing bump stop that was on the under-side of the left can, as the stand is now really swinging in the wind, and will bang on the swing-arm.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 08:27:17 PM by Umoth »
My other bike is a GSF 600 Bandit.

Offline Naor

• Inazuma Junior
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 08:37:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by Umoth [+]
I know this is an old thread, but I post for anyone else who might stumble across it.

Yesterday I fitted a Dan-Moto XG-1

https://www.dan-moto.com/DM_INT/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18_20_239&products_id=1535&zenid=01f68491afc3a1ba05b8e521b81279ef

I also bought & fitted the optional 'mufflers' into the tail-pipes.

Fitting was fairly easy. This was helped by the fact that I had already removed each securing bolt, one at a time, the week before, and applied copper-slip before doing the bolt back up.

Points worth noting.
The 4 exhaust header bolts, M8 x 1.25 x 30, were going really rather rusty. 2 came out nice and easy. One took a bit of work, I had to hammer a 6mm Allen key 1/4" drive bit into the socket,  then it came out easily.
The fourth was so corroded the 6mm hex socket was round.
I had to hammer a bolt extractor onto the outside of what was left of the head, and even then it took a bit of work to remove.
So, if you wish to fit a new exhaust, make sure you have a new set of header bolts to hand.

Having done the preparation, and having the exhaust already purchased, I bought a pack of 10 M8 x 1.25 x 25 A2 stainless bolts (yes, 5mm shorter than stock, the DM exhaust has 4mm thinner clamping flanges, so shorter bolts were purchased.)

Removing the old exhaust was as follows.
1. Undo the nuts & bolts on each silencer can, but leave the bolts in place to support the exhaust.
2. Undo & remove  the header pipe bolts.
3. Undo the hidden bolt behind the cat, under the bike, that is hidden from sight.
4. Place something under the cat, so you can drop the exhaust by about 3 inches, and support it.
5.Go find a second person, and support the exhaust (it's heavy) one person on each side, and take out the bolts in 1, and wiggle and jiggle the exhaust forwards, to get the headers out of the head.
Lower the exhaust onto the support from 4.
6. Unscrew  the lambda probe, and tuck it out the way. It's 17mm hex, and no-one makes a 17mm lambda probe socket (that I could Find) but mine came out with a 17mm spanner.
7. Take the exhaust out from under the bike. Not easy, it's huge, if you are not planning on keeping or selling it, cut one of the cans off with an angle-grinder flush with the cat.
8. Assemble the DM exhaust, off the bike, be aware that the dual tail-pipe  seems to come with the hanger on it upside down. It would fit /= so that rain goes into the pipes. It needs to be \=
9. Wiggle and jiggle in on.
10. Wind the wire on the lambda probe up about 6-8 turns anti-clockwise and then screw it in the boss, which will unwind the wire. (Or cut all the cable-ties, and unplug the probe from the harness, recommended. But I could not get my hands in behind the raditor to unplug it.)
11. Bolt it on.
BE LOUD>

12. If you have the optional centre stand make sure the pivot bolt goes in from the right, if not take it out, and put it in from the right, or the thread poking out the nut will contact the exhaust. There is clearance for a bolt head, but not for 15mm of thread.
13. If you have the optional centre stand work out how to make a mounting bracket for the now missing bump stop that was on the under-side of the left can, as the stand is now really swinging in the wind, and will bang on the swing-arm.
Well..I cant say i expected anyone else to comment here.
Thank you for your detailed comment.
Mind to add some pics?
It does come with a set of removeable silencers right?
Any change beside the sound?

disjointed-outlet