Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1123
  • stats Total Posts: 23759
  • stats Total Topics: 1827
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: West Highland Coast Weekend  (Read 2296 times)

Offline advguy

• Inazuma Pro
  • BLUE-FASTEST PRODUCTION GW
  • Bike: FAST BLUE 2015
Re: West Highland Coast Weekend
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 01:55:00 PM »
 :440:
*Originally Posted by mzterg [+]
Mr RoryD - I forgot to mention.  Advguy and myself are admiring those Heidenau K66 tyres.  I think you mentioned you had put a pair on your bike.  How are you getting on with them.  Would you recommend them?  :028:

Thanks again  :821:

Very interested!!

Offline RoryD

• Inazuma Member
Re: West Highland Coast Weekend
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 08:13:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by mzterg [+]
Advguy and myself are admiring those Heidenau K66 tyres.  I think you mentioned you had put a pair on your bike.  How are you getting on with them.  Would you recommend them?
Have to confess I'm still scrubbing the last off the Metzeler rear and haven't yet fitted the Heidenau. MoT in June so will have it fitted by then.

The 'Zuma was only really left behind the Beamer or the blast back uphill from Lochailort to Glenfinan against the strong easterly wind and with traffic to overtake ... and even then Allan said he was surprised that I wasn't far behind. Mind you; he must've got a scare as he got an extra 10HP the very next week by trading in his F700GS foŕ a new F800GS  :001: I think the Zuma was perfect for that trip - even well loaded it has a surpising amount of low end grunt for these really twisty and quite hilly wee roads.
RoryD
Now left the Forum .... 'zuma sold after 3 good years.