Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1024
  • stats Total Posts: 23403
  • stats Total Topics: 1759
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Lifts and special tools  (Read 1756 times)

Offline advguy

• Inazuma Pro
  • BLUE-FASTEST PRODUCTION GW
  • Bike: FAST BLUE 2015
Re: Lifts and special tools
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 10:53:52 PM »
I purchased a jack for the bike..see gallery. Ut will work well with some modification.  Its important to note that the exhaust sits below the frame so it will tip over. I am makins a slip on subframe for the jack but if you dont have fabrication skill and equipment you either need a center stand, a fullsize lift, of dont do your own wrenching

Offline Tayto

• Inazuma Master
  • City / Town: Munster
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 09:07:32 PM »
I just went to your gallery and see the lift you have is one that I been looking at today on Ebay,

Thinking strongly of getting one, I see what you mean about the exhaust being in the way on the zuma for this type of lift to work out of the box, Did u get around to making some form of thing to get it to lift the zuma safely ?

Doe's it allow you to turn / move the bike around on the coasters with ease or is it dodgy... the coasters look kinda small,

Was looking at one that stated it works for the Harley 883 and the 1200 sportster  But then I read in the comments that a guy said it wouldn't fit under his 883   So I went and checked the measurements and seen it was 15mm too high for the 1200,

That's easily sorted by putting the bike wheels on bits of 1" ply before putting the lift in,  I will be getting one of these lifts before the Harley arrives but cant decide which one to go for,

So far the only difference I can see with the ones I'm looking at  is €40   :002:  Suppose I could always stick on bigger wheels that would help in turning... But would like to hear what you have to say about it first  :028:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 09:10:08 PM by Tayto »

Offline Danger

• Inazuma Member
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 11:40:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by Robell [+]
I've done all my maintenance with the bike on the centre stand.
With a centre stand and a jack, you can get both wheels, swing-arm and the head bearings out, which covers most things.
I do have an Abba stand for my other bike (sidestand only), which is effectively a seriously heavy duty centre stand  :002:

The advantage of a bench is that it gets the bike up off the floor, to a working height, but you still need the means to jack the bike up.

If you do not mind me asking, where do you place the jack on the bike?

Offline Robell

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: GW250L3
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 09:41:02 AM »
Under the the sump, forward of the drain plug. It takes a bit of care to avoid the exhaust
" it's better to burn out, than to fade away "

Offline Robell

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: GW250L3
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 05:52:03 PM »
Like this :

" it's better to burn out, than to fade away "