Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1202
  • stats Total Posts: 23996
  • stats Total Topics: 1877
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Ride out  (Read 2160 times)

Offline Kantara

• Inazuma God
  • Take care out there.
  • Bike: Suzuki Marauder
Ride out
« on: February 06, 2017, 05:25:20 PM »
Hi tass1,
My son is a member of a Harley Bikers Club. :005:
They are planning to ride from Nottingham to Bristol-Weston Super Mare-Plymouth-Lands End on the 25th July 2017.  They have, at the moment, 200 members provisionally signed up for the ride.
Each rider pays £25 and £25 per pillion rider.  They have a logbook/passport, signed at the start and at each place they visit which are Harley dealers.  The passport is required to cross the Tamar Bridge to get into Cornwall.  All monies collected from the riders/pillion passengers will go to a charity.  They have already donated £5000 to sponsor a guide dog for a blind person.
I thought you may be interested, as I am, in either making our own way to Lands End or meeting up with them at Redruth.  My son will telephone me as to their ETA at the old Avers garage in Redruth just off the A30.  He thinks they will have police outriders at certain places ie Hayle roundabout and at Penzance roundabout.  If you are interested, weather permitting of course, please let me know.  I don't know if you know this but there is a "Jennings" run each  year
down here.  He lost his life doing the Isle of Man race.  Last year there was, according to the West Briton over 1500 riders took part.
They hold it every year in his memory. :127:
 :028: :158:
Kantara

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
Re: Ride out
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 11:39:40 AM »
Sounds a good ride out for a very good cause  :305:

Am already committed on that day though  :110:
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline Kantara

• Inazuma God
  • Take care out there.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 03:35:04 PM »
In my opinion if a bunch of riders went out for the day and each of the riders chipped in a few quid each and donated it to a charity, any charity, not only have they enjoyed themselves but they have helped somebody  have a little better life. :002:  Pity you are committed on that day, you could have put all the flasks in your trailer. :152:
Kantara

Offline Kantara

• Inazuma God
  • Take care out there.
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 04:22:27 PM »
tass1 you out there? :169:
Kantara

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 04:51:18 PM »
Would need 2 x convoys  = 1 for the fast bikes including Black Zumas and 1 for ................  well you get the idea  :745:   :745: 
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline Kantara

• Inazuma God
  • Take care out there.
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 02:42:19 PM »
Oh hell he's at it again.  I will ask the Harley bikers to call in and have a chat with you. :005: :005:  No three convoys.  The last one for you and your trailer, plus a few police outriders.  Mind you I expect all the tea will be gone by the time you get to Lands End.  They say "OFF The Rocks" is good fishing down there but you have to be extremely careful especially for elderly gentlemen. :745: :745:
Kantara

Offline Kantara

• Inazuma God
  • Take care out there.
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 05:05:33 PM »
Tass1.  Are you up for that ride I mentioned about going to Lands End in July to meet up with my son and the Harley riders.  Should be good.  No fast speed as I think you said your bike is not run in yet.  Should be a good day out.  Please let me know so I can take the big flask and an extra cup. :152:
Kantara

disjointed-outlet