Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 1024
  • stats Total Posts: 23403
  • stats Total Topics: 1759
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 3076

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: O ring chain  (Read 721 times)

Offline Aussie scott

• Inazuma Member
  • Bike: Inazuma 250
  • City / Town: Langwarrin vic
O ring chain
« on: February 03, 2017, 09:49:42 AM »
I was inspecting my chain today and noticed a broken o ring hanging out, dose this mean the chain is at the end of its life or has it got a little time before it needs replacing, ive travled 20000 kms on this chain so maybee its time for a new one anyway, has any one had this happen before and had the chain last a little longer?
Zum Zum

Offline Robell

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: GW250L3
Re: O ring chain
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 10:04:40 AM »
The O ring retains lubricant within the chain, so you might get it to last, with care and plenty of lube.

My o/e chain failed at 7,000 miles so you've done well at 20,000 kms.
I fitted a replacement X ring chain along with a chain oiler and that's done 18,000 miles and still going strong  :002:
" it's better to burn out, than to fade away "

Offline grumpy

• Inazuma Master
  • Bike: Inazuma in Black
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 02:52:20 PM »
Keep an eye on the spot where the o-rings have failed...look out for seized links or a tight spot developing...others wise keep it lub'ed and adjusted and, assuming there's no other damage or excessive wear, keep riding!

Offline Aussie scott

• Inazuma Member
  • Bike: Inazuma 250
  • City / Town: Langwarrin vic
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 08:47:01 PM »
thanks for your reply robell and grumpy, will keep a close eye on the chain, seems to be in good condition apart from the oring broken, have heard of many chains failing earlier on the zumas, perhaps is due to diffrent climates i.e salt on the roads in the uk   
Zum Zum