Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 931
  • stats Total Posts: 22574
  • stats Total Topics: 1630
  • stats Total Categories: 12
  • stats Total Boards: 25
  • stats Most Online: 229

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Gearing  (Read 59902 times)

Offline tookadum

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: Black = Fast!
Re: Gearing
« Reply #217 on: May 09, 2019, 06:48:23 PM »
So, it should just be a small mathematical calculation to work out the correct speed compared to that shown on the speedo  :084:
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left !

Offline WaffleHouse

• Inazuma Member
« Reply #218 on: May 09, 2019, 07:35:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Robell [+]
Wow - 6 years since the original posts on this thread  :005: :008:

Std final reduction ratio is (46/14) 3.286
A 15 tooth front sprocket  brings this to (46/15) 3.067

15/39 gives you a ratio of 2.6  :005:
That's quite a difference !
Bear in mind that the 46/15 makes the speedo just about spot on against a GPS figure, so yours will under read, by some margin

Yes, the speedo seemed pretty far off!
The website I checked seemed to indicate that the "Speedo Healer" would not fit the GW250, but I went ahead and ordered a Speedo DRD for about $70 U.S.

And naturally, now that I have the GW250 ready to ride, I found a low-mileage Naked 2002 Bandit 1200 for sale a few hours away.  Decisions, decisions.

Online Caveman

• Inazuma Member
  • Hi caveman here inazuma in cave hibernation time
  • Bike: 2015 inazuma blu
  • City / Town: Dumfries
« Reply #219 on: May 10, 2019, 12:11:42 AM »
I installed a 16t sprocket, results pretty good 70 mph on Speedo is about 72 on GPS ,cruises on motorway at 70 no bother you seem to pass more traffic as most vechicle showing 70 on their Speedo doing 10%less,than shown had bike up to about 84 mph on Speedo as well ,65 mph really nice at about half throttle 
Caveman

Offline WaffleHouse

• Inazuma Member
« Reply #220 on: May 15, 2019, 07:25:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by tookadum [+]
So, it should just be a small mathematical calculation to work out the correct speed compared to that shown on the speedo  :084:

The makers of Speedo DRD have a no-brainer online calculator.
      https://www.12oclocklabs.com/sdrd_calc.php
 I entered a 6% stock speedo error.  Will adjust after I find one of those road-side radar guns. The only issue I had was turning the ignition key off right after the last input.  The thing requires a couple of seconds to decide to keep the program and I was just erasing it.  After watching the video, it worked fine.  Super easy to install after reading in this forum that the speed sensor connector was under the right sidecover. One screw and a zip tie. I have mine just sitting beside the battery so that I can remove the seat to play with it, were I ever to WANT to play with it, which is unlikely.  So if I remember right, at 65 mph, I'm revving at about 6500.  I should withhold judgement on the GW250 as I have very few miles on it.

Offline WaffleHouse

• Inazuma Member
« Reply #221 on: May 18, 2019, 03:29:29 AM »
This should be my last post on this subject. I applied an 8% stock speedo correction to my Speedo DRD, along with the 14/46 to 15/39 correction, and took it for a test ride on a downhill and then uphill very twisty six miles of road.

When I first bought this bike, I had the sinking feeling that I would be selling it soon. It was just too impractical. But after this gearing change, it feels like a normal motorcycle, although not an overly powerful one.  HUGE improvement.
I'm happy.  Around town, I have always had the habit of shifting from 1rst to 3rd and from 3rd to 5th, unless traffic was very aggressive. I was able to do that today with this gearing on this bike--no issues. I cannot imagine why people would want to stick with stock gearing.  The bike's powerband is plenty broad enough to handle taller gearing. Stock gearing is foolish. What was Suzuki thinking?

I hope this helps.

Offline enzo

• Inazuma Member
  • Bike: blue inazuma
« Reply #222 on: May 22, 2019, 04:01:49 PM »
so no special loss of power? i m specially looking for stronger accelerations!

Offline Robell

• Inazuma God
  • Bike: GW250L3
« Reply #223 on: May 22, 2019, 08:34:21 PM »
The standard Inazuma is under geared, so I doubt you'll improve acceleration much.
There'll always be  a limit to the pulling power of 24 bhp  :001:
" it's better to burn out, than to fade away "

disjointed-outlet